《权力的游戏》精讲 第5集:狼与雄狮(20)(在线收听

That's your wise advice

这就是你睿智的建议?

Do nothing till our enemies are on our shores

等我们的敌人登陆了再说?

You're my council. Counsel!

你们都是我的重臣!

Speak sense to this honorable fool.

来跟这满脑子荣誉的傻瓜讲讲道理.

I understand your misgivings, My Lord.

我了解您的顾虑, 大人.

Truly, I do. It is a terrible thing

我实话实说. 我们讨论的是件可怕的事

we must consider, a vile thing.

是件卑鄙的事.

Yet we who presume to rule must sometimes

然而我们这些冒昧为政的人有时必须

do vile things for the good of the realm.

为了国家的福祉做一些卑鄙的事.

Should the gods grant Daenerys a son,

倘若诸神真给了丹妮莉丝一个儿子,

the realm will bleed.

整个国家将血流成河.

I bear this girl no ill will,

我对这个女孩毫无恶感,

but should the Dothraki invade,

但是倘若多斯拉克人真的入侵,

how many innocents will die

会有多少无辜百姓死于非命?

How many towns will burn

会有多少繁华城镇付之一炬?

Is it not wiser, kinder even,

那么比较明智甚或比较仁慈的做法,

that she should die now

会不会是让她现在死去

so that tens of thousands might live

以使万千生灵能平安地活下去呢?

We should have had them both killed years ago.

我们多年以前就该杀掉他们俩了.

When you find yourself in bed with an ugly woman,

当你发现跟自己上床的原来是个丑女,

best close your eyes, get it over with.

最好的做法就是闭上眼睛赶紧办事.

Cut her throat. Be done with it.

杀了她. 越快越好.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qldyxjj/530555.html