纪录片《火星任务》 第20期 开辟新道路(在线收听

You can't say, "Oh, I'm doing what they did before

你不能说 我是在做别人做过的事

"and it just didn't work out, I didn't get lucky."

没有成功 只是我不够幸运

No, we're not doing what we did before.

不是的 我们不是在重复

We're doing something completely novel,

我们进行的 是全新的尝试

hanging it way out there.

开辟新的道路

You feel exposed.

我们只能靠自己

As chief architect of Curiosity's landing sequence,

作为好奇号着陆过程的总设计师

Adam Steltzner has gone through each part of it

亚当·施特尔茨纳已经在脑海中

over and over in his head.

无数次地检查了每一步

But for now,

但是直到今日

it only exists in his imagination.

这些还只存在于他的想象中

And in this NASA animation.

以及美国宇航局的演示动画里

We show up at this near six-kilometre-a-second speed.

火星车抵达火星时速度接近每秒六公里

We burn a hole in the sky of Mars

在火星的天空中烧出了

for about 100 kilometres long.

长约一百公里的洞

We start out at six kilometres a second,

开始减速时是每秒六公里

and we're still going about a kilometre a second.

直到将速度降至每秒一公里

We're not slowing down very much,

速度没能降到很低

because there's not enough atmosphere to help us out.

因为火星大气过于稀薄

So eventually we have to pop a parachute.

所以最后需要弹出一个降落伞

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlphxrw/532318.html