纪录片《深入暗网》 第20期 灵光一现(在线收听

Well, I was driving from Berkeley to Santa Barbara

我当时正开车从伯克利去圣芭芭拉

along the coastline in my VW Camper van and

开着我的大众露营车沿着海岸线走

out of nowhere... You know, it was beautiful scenery,

突然地... 车窗外景色优美

I was just driving along and it occurred to me

我开着车 就突然想到了

how to solve this problem

如何来解决

I'd been trying to solve for a long time.

这个长久以来我努力想解决的问题

Yeah, it was a kind of a, you know, a eureka-moment type.

这就好像是 灵光一现

I felt like, "Hey, this is it."

"没错 就是这样"

Chaum's focus was the pattern of communications that

乔姆将焦点对准计算机

a computer made on the network.

在网络中的通讯模式

If that pattern could be disguised using cryptography,

如果该模式可以通过加密来伪装

it would be harder for anyone watching to identify individuals

这将使监视者识别个体的过程变得困难

and carry out effective surveillance,

从而无法实施有效监控

and Chaum's system had a twist.

乔姆的系统有了意想不到的进展

Cryptography has traditionally been used

加密技术一直被用来

to provide secrecy for message content

对信息内容加密

and so I used this message secrecy technology of encryption

因此我用这种保护信息的加密技术

to actually protect the meta-data of who talks to who and when,

来保护有关人们交谈对象以及时间的元数据

and that was quite a paradigm shift.

这是个典型的范例式转变

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpsraw/533930.html