纪录片《费马最后的定理》 第01期 引言(在线收听

Perhaps I could best describe my experience of doing mathematics in terms of entering a dark mansion.

或许描述我研究数学的经历最恰当的比方,就是进入一个黑暗的大宅中

Because, when one goes into the first room and it's dark, completely dark

因为,当一个人进到头个黑暗房间里,伸手不见五指,

one stumbles around bumping into the furniture

就会跌跌撞撞地碰到家具

gradually you learn where each piece of furniture is,

逐渐地你会知道每件家具的所在位置

and finally after six months or so you find the light switch, you turn it on,

而经过六个月的样子,你最终会找到开关,打开灯,

suddenly it's all illuminated, you can see exactly where you were.

突然间照亮了一切,你可清楚看到你所处的位置。

At the beginning of September I was sitting here at this desk

九月初的一天,我坐在书桌这儿,

when suddenly, totally unexpectedly, I had this incredible revelation.

突然间,完全意外地,我得到了这令人难以置信的启示。

It was the most, the most important moment of my working life.

那是我工作生涯中最最重要的时刻。

Nothing I ever do again will...I'm sorry.

再也没有过...抱歉。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpfmzhddl/535029.html