国家地理:为什么旅行是一项基本的人类活动(5)(在线收听

In our rush to return to the world, we should be mindful of the impact of mass tourism on the planet.

在急着回归常态的世界前,我们应该关注大众旅游对地球的影响。

Now is the time to embrace the fundamental values of sustainable tourism and let them guide your future journeys.

现在正是拥抱永续旅游的基本价值,并以此导引你未来旅行的绝佳时机。

Go off the beaten path. Linger longer in destinations. Travel in the off-season.

别走大众路线。在同一个地点待久一些。在淡季旅行。

Connect with communities and spend your money in ways that support locals. Consider purchasing carbon offsets.

联系当地社群,用支持当地人的方式消费。考虑购买碳补偿。

And remember that the whole point of getting out there is to embrace the differences that make the world so colorful.

还有别忘了,行旅世界最重要的目标就是要欣赏差异,世界正是因这些差异才如此多姿多彩。

"One of the great benefits of travel is meeting new people and coming into contact with different points of view," says Pauline Frommer, travel expert and radio host.

旅行专家和电台主持人鲍琳·弗朗莫表示:“旅行的一大好处是认识新的人和接触各式各样的观点。”

So go ahead and plan that trip.

所以请开始规划这样的行程吧。

Plotting a trip is nearly as enjoyable as actually taking one.

策划一次旅行几乎和真正去旅行一样令人愉快。

Anticipation is its own reward.

期待本身就是回馈。

I've witnessed first-hand the frisson of anticipatory travel.

我就亲眼见识到期盼旅行所带来的兴奋。

My wife, not usually a fan of travel photos,

我太太平时不怎么爱看旅游照片,

now spends hours on Instagram, gazing longingly at photos of Alpine lodges and Balinese rice fields.

如今却会花好几个小时浏览Instagram上阿尔卑斯山屋和巴里岛稻田的图片。

"What's going on?" I asked one day.

“怎么回事?”有天我问她。

"They're just absolutely captivating," she replied. "They make me remember that there is a big, beautiful world out there."

“这些真的很令人着迷,”她回答说:“会让我想起外头还有个美丽的大千世界。”

Many of us, me included, have taken travel for granted. We grew lazy and entitled, and that is never good.

不少人,包括我自己在内,过去都将旅游视为理所当然。我们变得懒散和不知感恩,而这从来都不是好事。

Tom Swick, a friend and travel writer, tells me he used to view travel as a given.

旅游作家汤姆·斯威克告诉我,他曾经认为旅行本来就该存在。

Now, he says, "I look forward to experiencing it as a gift."

现在他说:“我期待把旅游当作珍贵的礼物来体验。”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gjdl/535700.html