纪录片《彻底隔离》 第19期 没有时间概念(2)(在线收听

Oh, this is weird, I've no idea how long I've slept for now because I've slept twice in the night.

感觉太怪异了,我完全不知道我睡了多久,因为我整晚睡着了两次。

So let me have a little guess now what time it is.

让我猜下现在是几点。

I can't really know, can I?

我不太能确定。

It could be six in the morning. It could be one in the afternoon.

可能是早上六点。也可能是下午一点。

I've no idea how far through this experiment we are. But I don't really.

我不知道实验开始多久了。但我并不。

There is no real gauge of time.

这里没有任何方法判断时间。

That's why we need the sun, or a clock.

我需要太阳或时钟。

For university lecturer Brain Keenan, the lack of daylight had a profound effect

对于大学讲师布莱恩·基南来说,缺乏阳光对他的身心造成了极大影响,

when he was taken hostage in Beirut and held in a windowless cellar.

他在贝鲁特被扣为人质期间被关在一个没有窗户的地下室内。

I reckon I was in the dark about seven or eight months, I can't be sure.

我估计我被囚禁在黑暗中大概有七八个月,我不是太确定。

It was very hard to tell time.

很难知道时间。

There was no daylight at all so I slept fitfully.

那里面一点阳光也没有,所以我时不时睡一会。

I didn't go to sleep and sleep for the eight hours. I catnapped.

我不是睡个八小时整觉,只是稍微打点瞌睡。

I slept for ten minutes, woke, stayed awake for a couple of hours,

我一般睡十分钟,然后醒几个小时,

went to sleep for an hour or maybe three hours. It was that kind of random pattern.

再睡一个或三个小时。基本上没什么规律。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcdgl/536161.html