时差N小时 你对高尔夫了解多少?(上)(在线收听

You're out on the golf course one pleasant afternoon.

在一个闲适的午后,你站在高尔夫球场上。

Your ball is set on the tee.

球座上的球已经放置好,

You lean overthe ball.

身体微倾,越过球上方。

You grip the club just right.

恰到好处地握好球杆。

Your arms are straight. Your stance perfect.

手臂打直,完美挥杆。

You swing, and the ball takes off toward the green, sailing in a beautiful arc–almost as if it's weightless.

当你挥杆时,球奔向绿地,划出一道优美的弧线,轻盈得似乎没有重量。

Your impeccable technique certainly has a lot to do with the success of that drive, but you got amajor assist from the little dimples on the golf ball-and they're the subject of this Moment of Science.

这一杆的成功当然归功于你无可挑剔的技术,但高尔夫球上的那些小窝也帮了大忙,这就是本期《科学一刻》的主题。

Combined with the proper spin, the dimples help keep the ball in the air longer, and here's how.

结合适当的旋转,这些小窝可以帮助高尔夫球在空中停留更长时间,原因如下。

Your picture-perfect swing puts back spin on the ball.

你完美的挥杆动作促使球向后旋转。

The dimples trap a layer of air next to the ball, and this layer spins with the ball.

球表明的凹痕吸附了周围薄薄的一层空气,这层空气会与球一块旋转。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/536462.html