纪录片《重力错乱》 第17期 引力理论并不适用于整个宇宙(在线收听

Pretest 35. Check this one, SA step two, go. Step forward, it's a good order, no windows.

测试35。检查SA第二步。前进,指令良好,没有窗口。

Step 6 updating on the B string avtech one's come up and comms good.

步骤6更新B字串发出指令,通讯良好。

You have good visibility and ascension till 21:52, and good alt viz at Diego, no open jobs.

能见度良好,升高至21:52,迭戈的alt viz良好,无须调整。

You've got to allow for the fact that time runs at a different rate on the ground than it does in orbit,

你必须考虑到地面上与轨道上的时间速度是不同的,

if you don't, then your GPS system will drift, not by a few centimetres,

如果你不考虑 那么你的GPS就会漂移,不仅仅是几厘米,

as you might think, but by ten, 11, 12 kilometres a day.

就象你可能会想到的,会是每天10,11,12公里。

This morning we got lost. It didn't work, can you believe that

今天上午我们迷路了。它没起作用,你相信吗?

And then it took us into a field about a mile away.

它将我们带到了一英里以外。

Our response to that is the constellation is healthy and producing an accurate navigation signal.

我们的回答是卫星一切正常,导航信号准确。

What you mean is you're an idiot!

你是说你是一个傻瓜!

With that, it was time to leave.

接着,该告别了。

'Calculating route.' 'Approaching U-turn.'

正在计算路线。接近掉头。

You got it wrong, again!

又一次错了!

The fact that GPS operates in the way it does,

事实上,GPS的作用确实如此,

shows that Einstein's idea of bending space time is an accurate description of how gravity works here on Earth.

表明了爱因斯坦的时空弯曲的概念是地球上引力作用的精确描述。

But Einstein's understanding of gravity is not complete, something is missing.

然而爱因斯坦对引力的理解并不完整,还缺了点什么。

It may hold true for the Earth and the other planets even for the movement of galaxies

它可能掌握着地球,其它行星,甚至星系的运动的真理,

but Einstein knew that his theory of gravity doesn't apply to the whole universe.

但是爱因斯坦知道他的引力理论,并不适用于整个宇宙。

It fails to work in the most violent and turbulent places in the cosmos.

它未能在宇宙中最暴戾、最混乱的地方起作用。

But if we want a complete picture of the universe we must know how gravity behaves everywhere.

然而如果我们想得到整个宇宙的景象,我们就必须了解囊括一切的引力行为。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpzlcl/536605.html