TED演讲:如何赋予AI力量而不是被它压倒(10)(在线收听

Now, hang on. Do you folks want the future that's politically right or left?

不过先别急。你们希望未来的政治是左派还是右派?

Do you want the pious society with strict moral rules,

你们想要一个有严格道德准则的社会,

or do you an hedonistic free-for-all, more like Burning Man 24/7?

还是一个人人可参与的享乐主义社会,更像是个无时无刻不在运转的火人盛会?

Do you want beautiful beaches, forests and lakes,

你们想要美丽的海滩、森林和湖泊,

or would you prefer to rearrange some of those atoms with the computers, enabling virtual experiences?

还是偏好用电脑重新排列组成新的原子,实现真正的虚拟现实?

With friendly AI, we could simply build all of these societies

有了友善的人工智能,我们就能轻而易举地建立这些社会,

and give people the freedom to choose which one they want to live in

让大家有自由去选择想要生活在怎样的社会里,

because we would no longer be limited by our intelligence, merely by the laws of physics.

因为我们不会再受到自身智慧的限制,唯一的限制只有物理的定律。

So the resources and space for this would be astronomical -- literally. So here's our choice.

所以资源和空间会取之不尽--毫不夸张。我们的选择如下。

We can either be complacent about our future,

我们可以对未来感到自满,

taking as an article of blind faith that any new technology is guaranteed to be beneficial,

带着盲目的信念,相信任何科技必定是有益的,

and just repeat that to ourselves as a mantra over and over and over again

并将这个想法当作圣歌一般,不断默念,

as we drift like a rudderless ship towards our own obsolescence.

让我们像漫无目的船只,驶向自我消亡的结局。

Or we can be ambitious -- thinking hard about how to steer our technology and where we want to go with it to create the age of amazement.

或者,我们可以拥有雄心壮志--努力去找到操控我们科技的方法,以及向往的目的地,创造出真正令人惊奇的时代。

We're all here to celebrate the age of amazement,

我们相聚在这里,赞颂这令人惊奇的时代,

and I feel that its essence should lie in becoming not overpowered but empowered by our technology. Thank you.

我觉得,它的精髓应当是,让科技赋予我们力量,而非反过来受控于它。谢谢大家。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kjp/536778.html