时差N小时 如何预防中年发福(上)(在线收听

Let's say you're an 18 year old male who runs every other day, logging 12 miles a week.

假设你是一个18岁的男性,每隔一天就会跑步,算下来每周会跑12英里。

Now fast-forward to your late 40's.

现在,把你的年龄快速往后推到40多近50岁。

Your eating habits are the same.

你的饮食习惯不变。

To maintain your high school weight, how many miles a week would you need to run?

为了保持你高中时的体重,你一周需要跑多少英里呢?

Believe it or not, you'd have to multiply your weekly mileage 4 and 1/2 times, increasing it from 12 to 54 miles a week!

信不信由你,你得把每周的英里数乘以4.5,也就是从每周的12英里增加到54英里!

So, unless you take up weekly double marathons in middle-age, it's impossible simply to "outrun" middle-age spread.

除非你在人到中年时,每周进行两次马拉松长跑,否则绝不可能轻易逃脱中年发福。

That's because metabolism decreases with age.

这是因为,新陈代谢的过程随年龄而逐渐放缓。

At 50 you just don't burn as many calories as you did at 18.

到了50岁,你就不能像18岁时一样燃烧同样多的卡路里。

Luckily, there are other factors in this equation.

幸运的是,在这个等式中还有其他的影响因素。

Gradually eating less is one way to make up the difference, since metabolism slows by about 100 calories every ten years.

减少食量是一种弥补差额的方法。因为新陈代谢的过程每隔十年就会降低100卡路里的消耗。

That's equivalent to a tablespoon of butter.

这个数字相当于一大匙黄油的热量。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/536866.html