纪录片《轻松活过101岁》 第12期 美国的长寿社区(在线收听

Today, Dr Ellsworth Wareham is preparing to perform open heart surgery

今天,Ellsworth Wareham医生正在准备做一例心脏手术,

on a patient many years younger than himself.

病人要比他小许多岁。

There was no open heart surgery when I took my residency.

在我当主治医师时,还没有心脏手术。

I've seen open heart surgery right from the very beginning, so that's 37 years, I guess.

我很早就看到过心脏手术,我想是在37年前。

And I probably do three or four a week, something like that.

我每周大概做3到4例这样的手术。

Do the patients know that a 92-year-old will be supervising?

病人知道是个92岁的老人在指导吗?

I would hope not.

我不希望他知道。

I, I personally... am sort of less than anxious to let people know my age.

我自己倒不是过多地担心让别人知道我的年纪,

because there's a lot of incompetence associated with age.

因为有许多能力达不到是与年龄有关的。

I think the figure is at 85, 85 years of age,50 percent of people have Alzheimer,

我认为在85岁时,有50%的人会患上老年痴呆症。

Dr Wareham's extraordinary longevity may not have anything to do with his genes.

Wareham医生不平凡的长寿未必和他的基因有任何关系。

I don't have a particularly good heredity.

我没有一个特别好的遗传。

Three of my grandparents died at 72.

我的祖父母,外祖父母中有三个是在72岁是过世的。

Nobody in my family has lived to be my age.

我的家庭里,还没有人活到我这样的岁数。

The community living in Loma Linda have discovered a secret that's much easier to find than any gene.

在洛马琳达这样的社区里,已经发现了一个秘密,要比找什么基因容易得多。

Its effect is so powerful that it enables them to live longer than anyone else in the United States.

它是这样有效,能够使这里的人比美国其他地方的人更长寿。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpqshg101s/536954.html