纪录片《轻松活过101岁》 第13期 坚持锻炼的美国老人(在线收听

I've lived in California all my life.

我终生生活在加州。

I was two years old and I can remember the San Francisco earthquake.

我还能记得我两岁时的旧金山大地震。

I can remember the water being splashed in the trough.

我记得水槽里的水飞溅出来。

We lived on a ranch and I asked my father,

我们生活在一个大农场,我问我的父亲,

"The horses won't have anything to drink, why is that water splashing?"

“马喝到水没事吧,水为什么会飞溅出来呢?”

At 102, Marge Jetton is the oldest resident of Loma Linda,

在102,Marge是罗马琳达年纪最大的居民,

but reaching such a grand age has taken some discipline.

然而要达到这样的高龄需要一些训练的。

Her daily routine involves cycling at least six miles before breakfast.

她每天照例在早餐前骑自行车至少6英里。

I've been getting lazy, I do 15 minutes.

我已经变懒了,只做了15分钟。

Today I rode seven miles - no, six-and-a-half miles -

今天我骑了7英里,不,是6英里半,

and then I ride instead of going this way, you ride back.

而且我只能朝一个方向骑,你可以倒着骑。

Something that doesn't hurt you, it's not worthwhile.

这不是伤害了你,这是不值得的。

For Marge, sticking to a gruelling exercise regime isn't about living longer.

对于Marge来说,坚持紧张的锻炼制度不是为了长寿,

It's a matter of faith.

而是一个信念的问题。

The whole world should be exercising.

全世界都在锻炼。

The television is full of it, everything is full of why you should exercise.

电视里全是它,全是应该锻炼的理由。

Your body is a temple of the holy spirit.

你的身体是圣灵的殿堂。

Marge is a Seventh Day Adventist,

Marge是基督复临安息日会教友,

a religion whose members live between five and ten years longer than their fellow citizens.

这个宗教的成员要比自己的同胞寿命长5到10岁。

Our research indicates that we are in control of at least ten years of extra life

我们的研究表明,我们能够控制生命额外的至少10岁,

just by virtue of the choices that we make or we don't make.

只是靠我们做不做出选择。

There's no proof, it's tempting to wonder

无法证明,确实感到惊讶,

if the way they live is affecting some fundamental force of ageing.

他们的生活方式正在影响生命的一些基本因素。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpqshg101s/536955.html