《神探夏洛克》精讲 449你收现金吗(在线收听

我们要走一晚上吗

Are we going to walk all night?

可能吧  这个词挺长的

Possibly. It's a long word.

-哪个词  -"扯淡"

- What is? - "Bollocks".

卡尔福顿·史密斯  你做了这么多慈善

Culverton Smith, all this charity work,

你有什么好处呢

what's in it for you?

我们都要小心  不要凿船断桥  不留后路

We must be careful not to burn our bridges.

你知道我为什么要接你的案子吗

Do you know why I'm going to take your case?

因为你说的一件不可能的事

Because of the one impossible thing you said.

什么不可能的事

What impossible thing?

你说一个词改变了你的人生

You said your life turned on one word.

对  我父亲要杀的人的名字

Yes. The name of the person my father wanted to kill.

就是这点不可能  就是这件事

That's the impossible thing. Just that, right there.

什么不可能

What's impossible?

名字不是一个词  一个名字至少有两个词

Names are not one word. They're always at least two.

夏洛克·福尔摩斯  费斯·史密斯

Sherlock Holmes. Faith Smith.

圣诞老人  温斯顿·丘吉尔

Santa Claus. Winston Churchill.

拿破仑·波拿巴  其实只叫拿破仑也行

Napoleon Bonaparte... Actually, just Napoleon would do.

还有猫王

Or Elvis.

我觉得他们两个都可以排除

Well, I think we can rule both of them out as targets.

那好  是我说错了

OK, I got it wrong, then.

不是一个词  不可能是

It wasn't on one word, it can't have been.

然而你却非常明确地记得

And you remember quite distinctly

你的整个人生被一个词改变

that your whole life turned on one word.

确实如此  我并不怀疑

So that happened, I don't doubt it,

但这个词怎么会是名字呢

but how can that word be a name?

一个你一听就明白  并因此崩溃的名字

A name you instantly recognised that tore your world apart?

-好吧  怎么会呢  -现在还不知道

- OK, well, how? - No idea...yet.

不过我不免费干活儿

But I don't work for free.

-你收现金吗  -不是现金

- You take cash? - Not cash, no.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/537184.html