TED演讲:网络暴力的失控(9)(在线收听

Maybe there's two types of people in the world:

也许这世界有两种人:

those people who favor humans over ideology, and those people who favor ideology over humans.

一种人相信人性高于意识形态,一种人相信意识形态高于人性。

I favor humans over ideology, but right now, the ideologues are winning,

我属于前者,但眼下,后者正占据上风,

and they're creating a stage for constant artificial high dramas

这些人正在搭建一个舞台,不停上演一出大戏,

where everybody's either a magnificent hero or a sickening villain,

戏里的人不是威猛英雄,就是猥琐坏人,

even though we know that's not true about our fellow humans.

即使大家都明白其实人不是这样的。

What's true is that we are clever and stupid; what's true is that we're grey areas.

真实的现实是我们既聪明又愚蠢;真实的现实是我们都处于灰色地带。

The great thing about social media was how it gave a voice to voiceless people,

社交媒体的好处是它能为无处发声的人提供一个发言的平台,

but we're now creating a surveillance society, where the smartest way to survive is to go back to being voiceless.

而现在呢,我们搞出了个间谍社会,要想生存就得噤若寒蝉。

Let's not do that. Thank you.

让我们改变这种局面吧。谢谢大家。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/537999.html