时差N小时 我们为什么要锻炼身体?(下)(在线收听

The theory is that humans are genetically programmed by evolution to be physically active.

该理论认为人类的身体活动决定自身的基因进化。

After all, our ancestors spent millions of years hunting and gathering and only the last few thousand years as cultivators.

毕竟,我们的祖先花了数百万年进行狩猎和采摘,而只有过去的几千年才作为庄稼人。

So cushy office jobs aren't natural?

那轻松的办公室工作不自然吗?

Right. So today, when we think of the average person, we think of someone who doesn't exercise.

是这样的。所以今天,当我们想到一般人,我们认为这是一个不运动的人。

And what these scientists are saying is that the biological norm is a person who is very active.

而这些科学家们想表明的是生理正常的人是非常有活力的人。

I'm not sure I see your point.

我不太我明白你的意思。

So instead of saying that exercising decreases your risk for certain health problems, it's more correct to say that not exercising increases your risk for those problems.

与其说锻炼会降低你患上特定疾病的风险,不如更准确的说不锻炼会增加患病的风险。

Your body expects you to exercise, and when you don't, your body is more likely to break down.

你的身体期望自身去锻炼,如果不锻炼身体会垮掉。

So when you do nothing, you're actually making things worse.

所以当你什么也不做的时候,其实是在让事情变得更糟。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/538690.html