《穿普拉达的女王》精讲 03 为交房租的工作干杯(在线收听

Wait. You got a job at a fashion magazine?

慢着。你在时尚杂志得到份工作?

Mm-hmm.What was it, a phone interview?

没错。什么?靠靠电话面试?

wow. -Ow! Don't be a jerk.

嘴巴别这么坏。

Miranda Priestly is famous for being unpredictable.

马林达?皮斯利是出了名的女魔头

Okay, Doug. How is it that you know who she is and I didn't?

道格,为什么你知道她而我不知道?

I'm actually a girl. Oh!

我其实是个女的。哦!

That would explain so much. Look, seriously.

谜团都解开了。认真点儿

Miranda Priestly is a huge deal. I bet a million girls would kill for that job.

马林达皮斯利是个大人物,我打赌女生都会为这工作发疯的。

Yeah, great. The thing is I'm not one of them.

是啊。但问题我不是那些女生。

Look, you gotta start somewhere, right?

但你总要出人头地,是不是?

I mean, look at this dump Nate works in.

你看笨内特的工作

I mean, come on. Paper napkins? Hello.

拜托,做纸巾?又没搞错?

Yeah. And Lily, she works at that gallery doing, uh, you know…

对哦,莉莉他在画廊里做那个什么~

Oh, I'm sorry. What exactly is it that you do anyway?

哦,抱歉,你到底是做什么的?

Well, lucky for me, I already have my dream job.

我很幸运, 已经找到了理想工作

[With Lily] You're a corporate research analyst!

你是个财务研究分析员

Oh, you're right. My job sucks. -No!

没说错,这工作很烂 –不是的!

It sucks. I don't… It's boring. It's all right. Breathe.

很烂,我~工作很无聊。没事的,深呼吸。

I'm trying. Here. Take a drink.

我在努力。来,喝一杯。

I will have a drink. I will have a drink. Ah, yes.

我要喝一杯,喝一杯。 啊,没错。

I'd like to propose a toast. To jobs that pay the rent. To jobs that pay the rent.

我来敬,为交房租的工作。为交房租的工作。

Jobs that pay the rent.

为交房租的工作。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cplddnwjj/540451.html