《大城市小世界》第3期:被赶出来了(在线收听

Hi there Harry!

你好,哈利!

Hello Olivia. How’s it going?

你好,奥利维亚,怎么样?

Not bad...what are you reading?

不赖,你在读什么?

Just checking the jobs page of the local newspaper...

只是在看当地报纸的求职版面

More? I thought you already had too many job offers to choose from...

你还需要工作?我还以为你已经有许多工作邀请了。

Well, I have...but there’s no harm in looking, is there?

我是有,但是看看也无妨,不是吗?

Suppose not.

我想也是。

You’ve got to know what’s going on...

你想知道怎么样了。

Keep ahead of the game!

保持领先!

Exactly!

正是!

I think the internet is a better place to look for jobs, though...

我想互联网是找工作的不错选择,尽管。

You’re probably right, but I spend all day sitting in front of computers.

你也许是对的,但是我已经在电脑前坐了一天了。

It’s nice to have a change every now and then. So, Olivia, any more thoughts on what we talked about... your website?

时不时的进行一些改变。那么,奥利维亚,你还有什么想法,你的网站?

Yeah...well...like I said, I’d love you to do it!

是的,就像我说的,我想让你做这个!

Great,I’d love to do it. Now then, normally, for a job like that, I’d ask about a grand...

很好,我很喜欢做。那么,通常像这样的工作,我要求1000英镑。

A grand!

1000英镑!

What's a “grand”?

什么是“grand”?

A thousand pounds.

1000英镑。

Phew! That sounds like a lot...

啊! 这听起来有点。

It is!

是的!

It isn’t really...that’s what these things cost now...if you take into account the work I’ll have to put into it, and all my time...

但是其实不是,现在就只这个价钱,如果你要把我所投入的工作精力和时间考虑进去的话。

Maybe...

也许吧。

But anyway, because we’re friends, I’ll do it for say, seven fifty...?

但是,无论如何我们是朋友,要不750怎么样?

Seven hundred and fifty...hmm...well...can you let me think about that? I’ll get back to you in a day or two.

750英镑,你能让我想一想吗?我会在1到2天给你回复。

Sure! No probs!

没问题!

Hi,Hi there!

你好!

Hang on, I’ll just get a coffee and then I’ll be with you......ok, cheers! So, how’s it going?

等等,让我来杯咖啡,一会我们谈,干杯!怎么样?

Good...fine...not bad!

很好,不错!

Harry,thought any more about that offer?

哈利,你对工作邀请考虑的怎么样了?

Sure, yeah... I’m up for it! I’ll do it, no problems.

是的,我愿意干,没问题。

Great, we really need it. What kind of costs are we looking at?

太好了,我们非常需要。我们会有什么样的开销?

Well, the basic package will be fifteen hundred...

基本包装应该是1万5千英镑。

Hmmmm....

嗯。

Then for upgrades and maintenance, well, up to two five...

升级和维护应该是25.

Two thousand five hundred quid?

2500英镑?

Quid?

Quid?

Pounds.

英镑。

You don’t come cheap, do you Harry?

哈利,价格可不低啊。

I’m good at my job.

我非常擅长我的工作。

I’ll have to have a word with my uncle...see if I can clear it with him. I’ll get back to you.

我不得不和我的叔叔探讨一下,看看他是怎么想的,我会再找你。

Hi there!

你好!

What’s up Sarah?

怎么了,撒拉?

Just had some bad news...

坏消息。

Oh no! What’s the matter?

不!怎么了?

I’ve just been kicked out of my flat!

我从公寓里被轰出来了!

Oh no!

不!

Kicked out?

被赶出来了?

She has to leave...find another place to live...

她不得不找其他地方住。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540766.html