《大城市小世界》第5期:拯救者法帝(在线收听

Hi!

好!

Could we get two cappuccinos please?

请给我们拿两杯卡布奇诺好吗?

Ok...sit down and I’ll bring them over to you.

好的,请坐,马上给您拿去。

Cheers...

谢谢。

So, listen, I had a word with the IT department about that job that I’d mentioned, and they’d like you to come in for a chat sometime...

听着,就是我跟你提到过的那个工作,我和IT部门谈了谈,他们希望你能过去谈一谈。

A “chat”?

谈一谈?

Well, yeah, you know, not really a formal interview, just...well...like, a chat, so they can get to know you, and see what you’re like, and stuff...

是的,并不是正式的面试,就像是一次交谈,这样他们就能了解你,了解你怎么样。

But there’s no real job on offer...

但是这并不是真正的工作邀请。

Well, no, perhaps not as yet, not exactly...

准确来说,目前还不是。

Hmmm, I’m not sure.

我不知道去不去。

Go on! What have you got to lose?

去吧,你又不会损失什么?

I guess you’re right...

我想你是对的。

And it’s a good company to work for...lots of prospects...great bonuses! And you get to work with me!

公司很好,光明的前景,奖金也很诱人!你能和我一起工作!

OK, when can I come in?

我什么时候能去?

Hi Hi!

你好!你好!

Tomorrow I guess...

我想应该是明天。

Tomorrow what? What are you two planning in secret?

明天干什么?你们俩在秘密计划什么呢?

Olivia, you are so nosey! You always have to know everything about everyone else....

奥利维亚,你真是太讨厌了!你总是想知道所有人的所有事情。

Just natural curiosity...

只是出于好奇而已。

Harry’s coming to work with me!

哈利将要和我一起上班!

That’s great!

太好了!

Hang on, hang on...it’s not definite yet...

等等,还没有确定。

I’m sure you’ll get the job! Well done!

我想你一定能拥有这份工作,干得好!

Slow down, will you!

慢着!

That means you’ll be too busy to do my website for me...

你是说你就没有时间为我做网站了。

I’m sure I can squeeze you in...

我想我能挤出时间。

I wouldn’t want to overwork you!

我不想让你超负荷工作!

We’ll see, eh?

等着看吧。

OK, but don’t lose any sleep over it.

好的,但是不要缺觉啊。

Hi Sarah!

你好,撒拉!

How’s the flat-hunting going?

房子找的怎么样了?

Oooooppphhhh....I’m exhausted. I’ve been going round the city all day, looking at flats.

哦,太累人了,我今天在城里找了一天。

And no success?

没有找到?

No success at all.

没有。

What’s the problem?

什么原因?

They’re all too small, or too dark, or too far away, or too expensive, or there are weird flatmates...

房子太小了,或是太暗,或是太远,或是太贵,或是室友太古怪。

You’ll have to compromise at some point....

你不得不在某些方面妥协一下。

Yeah, I guess so, but I don’t want to live in a complete dump, and it seems that I can’t afford much more.

我想也是,但是我不想住在完全潮湿,似乎我没钱支付太贵的房子。

Hello all!

大家好!

Hi Fadi!

你好,法帝!

How’s it going mate?

事情怎么样了?

I’m fine here, but why are you lot all looking so glum?

我很好,但是为什么你们都那么愁眉苦脸?

Sarah still can’t find a place to live.

撒拉还没有找到住的地方。

Olivia’s fed up because I can’t do her website for her!

奥利维亚不耐烦了,因为我无法给她做网站了!

Harry’s not enthusiastic about working with me!

哈利对于和我一起工作没有兴趣!

Great...Well, I’lll just have to try and solve all your problems, then, won’t I?

那么,我将尝试着为你们解决所有问题!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540768.html