《大城市小世界》第7期:振作起来(在线收听

Morning Olivia!

早上好,奥利维亚!

Hello there!

大家好!

Do you live here?

你住在这里吗?

How do you mean?

什么意思?

It’s just that every time I come in here, you’re here...it’s like you live here or something...

我每次来这儿,你都在这里。你好像住在这里。

Just taking a break that’s all...

只是在这里休息。

You’re always taking a break.

你总是休息。

Well my shop’s next door, so it’s so easy just to pop in here when things are quiet...

我的店就在旁边,所以没事的时候就来这里,很容易。

Where’s the little thief today?

今天小偷没来吗?

Who? Oh! You mean my little nephew Joe...

谁?啊,你说我的侄子乔。

Exactly...the sweet little pest!

是的,小捣蛋鬼。

He’s with his mum, my sister, today, you’ll be relieved to know.

他和我姐姐,他的妈妈在一块,你可以放松了。

Has Harry been in today?

哈利今天来了吗?

He dropped by the shop before. Said he might pop in here later for a coffee.

他之前来过我的店。他说一会来喝咖啡。

I think he’s angry with me, perhaps I should avoid him for a bit.

我想他是生我的气了,或许我应该躲着他一会。

Why’s he angry with you?

他为什么生你的气?

Oh, you know, we argued about money,he was going to do that job for me...

我们讨论了钱的问题,他要给我干的工作。

Oh yeah, but don’t worry. I’m sure he’s not really angry. And even if he is, he’ll soon forget it. You know what he’s like!

但是,别担心。我断定他没有真生气。即使他真生气,他也会马上忘了的。你忘了他是什么样的人?

Yeah, I guess so. I’ll just let it drop.

我想也是。就让他发泄吧。

Hi there!

大家好!

Hello

你好

Cheer up! What’s up with you two?

振作起来,你们两个怎么了?

Just the usual...

还那样。

How’s the flat-hunting going Sarah?

撒拉,房子找的怎么样了?

Still nothing. I really need somewhere to live. I’m getting desperate. I’ll end up homeless if things don’t get better!

还没找到。你需要住的地方。我变绝望了。如果事情没有进展的话,我要露宿街头了。

Oh come on, it’s not that bad...

不会那么坏。

No, of course it’s not, but...it’s so difficult to find a place...

当然不会,但是很难找到地方。

I’m glad you showed up ,I wanted to talk to you about that...

你来了,我想和你谈谈。

Oh yeah?

什么?

Yeah,I’ve heard of something that might interest you...

我听说了一些你感兴趣的事情。

Great! What is it?

什么?

A cousin of mine has a spare room in his house.

我的表弟有一间空房。

A cousin of yours...how many people are there in your family...?

你的表弟,你们家有多少人?

A lot!

许多!

That sounds good...can I look at the flat?

听起来不错,我能去看看吗?

I’ll call him now.

我现在打给他。

Are you sure about moving in there?

你确定要搬去住吗?

Look, I really need a place, urgently, and it’ll be ok, I’m sure...

我急需住处,我想应该可以。

Lots of opportunities to see Fadi....

法帝,机会多多啊。

You are such a terrible gossip!

你可真爱说这说那!

There’s Fadi, always stuck to that phone, always working...or perhaps it’s girls!

看法帝,总是拿着手机,总是工作,或许还是女孩!

Actually, he’s helping Sarah to find a flat.

他是在帮撒拉找房子。

Oh. Ok. Good. Well hello! What’s up? Why does everyone look so glum here?

怎么了!发生了什么事?为什么你们都看起来非常沮丧?

I’m still trying to find a flat...

我还在找房子

And I finish my degree soon, which means I have to get a job, or go back to Poland.

我快要毕业了,这就意味着我如果找不到工作就必须回波兰了呢。

And you want to stay here in London?

你想留在伦敦生活么?

Yeah, but it’s so difficult to get a job.

是啊,但是找个工作太难了。

That’s not true, there are lots of jobs around...

不是那样的,周围还是有很多的工作机会的。

Yes, but I don’t want to just work in a bar or a café or a shop...

是的,但是我不想在酒吧、咖啡厅或者商店工作...

Oh thanks!

哦,明白了!

Sorry! I know you work in a shop, but...that’s different..it’s your own shop, and you sell such special things, those lovely handmade shoes!

对不起!我知道你在商店工作,但是...你的工作是不一样的...这个商店是你自己的,你在那里卖那些像很可爱的手工制作的鞋子这样特别的东西。

But usually, you know, shopwork isn’t great..

我认为通常在商店的工作一点也不好...

Tell me about it...

和我说说是为什么吧...

But you’ll be a trained architect, won’t you?

但是我认为你会成为个训练有素的建筑师,是么?

Yes, exactly...but it’s not easy to get work as an architect. There’s a lot of competition here in London.

是的,但是,建筑师的工作不好找,在伦敦的竞争太激烈了。

You should go to China...lots of opportunities there right now, lots of building.

你应该去中国,那里有很多的建筑,应该会有很多的机会。

Listen, Sarah, I spoke to my cousin and we can go round to have a look at the flat this afternoon if you like...

听我说萨拉,我和我表弟说过了,我们今天下午可以去看看他那个房子你喜欢不。

“We”?

我们?

Well, I’ll go with you, show you where it is...

哦...我和你一起去,给你带路而已...

Erm, ok...Thanks!

额...好的...谢谢!

Told you so!

告诉你了吧!

Well you might have solved your problem then...but I might not be here much longer!

你可能已经解决问题了,但是我不会在这里呆太久了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540770.html