《大城市小世界》第17期:好的新闻写作(在线收听

“Campaign to save local shops”

拯救本地商店运动

Yes, they put my article on the front page of the newspaper.

是啊,他们把我的文章登在报纸的头版上。

“Historic buildings threatened by new development”

历史建筑面临新开发区威胁。

I feel like a real journalist now!

我都感觉像一个真正的记者了!

It must make a change from writing about interior design.

一定与撰写关于室内设计的文章不大一样!

Oh yes.

是的。

Let’s have a look.

让我们看一看。

Great photo as well,look, you can see my banner on the front of the café!

照片拍得也很好啊,瞧,能看见我挂在咖啡馆前面的标语!

“We have discovered that Tony’s Café and the shoe shop threatened with demolition are actually historic buildings.”Erm,it was really me and my friend who discovered that, Bindyu, not you.

“我们发现,面临拆除威胁的托尼咖啡馆和鞋店实际上是历史建筑。”嗯,其实是我和我的朋友发现的,Bindyu,不是你。

Yes, you’re right, but what’s important is that now they can’t close the café!

是,你是对的,但重要的是他们现在无法关闭咖啡馆了!

Or my shop.

还有我的商店。

Exactly!

完全正确!

I guess you’re right.“We have found exclusive information which shows that the company building the new flats who want to demolish the historic buildings to make more space know they should not demolish the buildings...”Hang on! The building company already know! How did you find that out?

我想你是对的,“我们取得的独家消息显示,计划拆掉历史建筑,腾出更多空间建造新型公寓的那家公司,早已知道他们不该毁掉这些建筑”,等等!建筑公司早就知道!你是怎么发现的?

It’s an exclusive! A scoop!

这是独家新闻!内幕消息!

But how did you find that information?

但是你怎么取得这个消息的?

That’s a secret!

这是秘密!

Go on, tell us!

说啊,告诉我们!

A good journalist never reveals her sources!

好记者从不透露消息来源!

Go on, tell us!

说嘛,告诉我们!

Magda told me!

麦格达跟我说的!

Hello everyone!

大家好啊!

Talk of the devil.

说曹操曹操到。

Sorry? Devil?

曹操?

Magda, I’m sorry.it’s just an expression.

抱歉,麦格达,这只是一个形容。

What does it mean?

什么意思?

If you’re talking about somebody, and then they appear, you say: “Talk of the devil...”

如果你正谈到某人,他们也正好出现,就可以说“说曹操曹操到”。

Oh. I see. And why were you talking about me?

噢,我明白了,你为什么正好谈到我呢?

You gave some important information to Bindyu.

你给了Bindyu某些重要的消息。

Well, yes, it’s true. I did find out some interesting information. It’s my new job,I work for that company, you know.

嗯,是真的,我的确发现某些有意思的消息,这是我的新闻工作,为那家公司工作,你知道的。

Yeah. I was surprised you found that confidential information!

是。我意外的是你发现内幕消息。

But I didn’t think you’d write about it,Bindyu!

但是我没料到你把它写出来,Bindyu!

Don’t worry. I didn’t mention your name anywhere! This is good journalism

别担心,我在哪也没有提到你的名字。我是讲新闻职业道德的。

I guess so, but.if my employers find out I gave information to you, I could be in trouble! I might lose my job!

我猜也没提,但是,如果我的老板发现是我把消息透露给你,我就有麻烦了。

Oh no...

哎呀,不会吧。

Don’t worry Magda. No one will know, and our campaign will be successful.OK

别担心,麦格达,没有人会知道,我们的行动一定会取得成功的。好吧。

Yeah,you watch there’s no way they can close the café now!

对,你看着吧。现在他们没办法关闭这家咖啡馆了!

I hope you’re right.

希望你是对的。

Oh!Wow!Hey!Hi!!

哦!哇!嘿!嘿!

Erm, who’s this?

嗯,这是谁啊?

Johnny!!!Hi!!!

约翰尼!嗨!

Welcome back!

欢迎回来!

Good to see you, man!

见到你太好了,伙计!

Good to see you all again! I’m back!

再见到你们真好!我回来啦!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540780.html