《大城市小世界》第33期:时间就是金钱(在线收听

Hey, Fadi! How’s it going?

嗨,法帝!怎么样?

Fine, thanks, Johnny. How are you?

不错,约翰尼,你怎样?

Good, but busy, busy, busy, as always. Time is money.you know what I mean?

不错,但就是忙忙忙。时间就是金钱吗,你知道的。

Oh yes, I do, I do. I’m a businessman myself, don’t forget!

是的。不要忘了,我也是商人!

How could I? I’m one of your major shareholders!

怎么会?我是主要股东之一!

Hello, everyone!

大家好!

Hi there!

你好!

Come and sit over here!

坐这里!

Just popped in to see Harry and Bindyu.

我只是来看看哈利和Bindyu。

Not me?

不是我?

I see quite enough of you!

你我已经看够了!

You can never have too much.

不能再多了。

What’s going on with Harry and Bindyu?

哈利和Bindyu怎么样了?

Bindyu was taking Harry to meet her parents last night for the first time. She was really nervous about it.

昨晚,Bindyu第一次带哈利见了父母。她非常紧张。

Why was she so nervous? Harry’s a nice guy.

她为什么紧张?哈利人不错。

Well, she says her parents are very traditional, quite old-fashioned. They might not approve of her having a boyfriend.

她说她的父母非常传统,是老古董了。他们或许不同意她又男朋友。

I see.

我明白了。

And here they are!

他们来了!

Hi! Hello all!

大家好!

Hello there, you two! So ...?

你们两个!怎么样?

So ... what?

什么怎么样?

Come on! Tell all how did it go?

快点告诉我们昨晚怎么样?

With my parents? Yeah!

父母见面?是的!

Oh! So everyone knows now, do they?

现在所有人都知道了,是不是?

You know how it is.

我知道怎么样。

Well, there’s not much to know really.Bindyu’s family are all lovely people very friendly, very welcoming.

没什么可知道的。Bindyu的家人非常欢迎我,非常友善。

Yeah! Everything went fine. They really liked Harry, and were pleased for me.

一切进展顺利。他们非常喜欢哈利,他们都为我感到高兴。

There! I told you there’d be no problem!

我告诉你没有问题吧!

Sounds like you’re in there, mate!

听起来就像你在现场似的。

Hope so ... I’m thinking of popping the question!

希望如此,我正在考虑求婚!

No! Seriously?

不会吧,认真的?

Yeah! I want to ask her to marry me

是的!我想向她求婚。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540796.html