购物篇:误导人的广告(2)(在线收听

A: This is the first time I've seen these batteries on sale.

这是我头次见到正在打折的电池。

B: I'm sorry, but they aren't on sale today.

抱歉,但是这些电池今天不打折。

A: Well, look at the ad. The ad says they're on sale.

嗯,看这些广告,上面说打折的啊。

B: Yes, the ad says that the other brand of batteries is on sale.

是的,这些广告说的是另一个牌子的。

A: Oh, yes. I misread the ad.

哦,是的,我看错了。

B: Believe me, you're not the first person to make that mistake today.

相信我,今天你不是第一个看错广告的人。

A: No wonder people make a mistake. The price is in big letters, and the brand is in tiny letters.

难怪人们都会看错。广告上价格是大写的,而电池的牌子是小写的。

B: You're right. You have to read an ad two or three times sometimes.

你是对的。你应该再仔细看看。

A: Yes, you have to be careful with every ad you read.

是啊,是应该仔细地看好广告上的每一个字。

B: It's okay. I'll go get you the batteries that are on sale.

好的。我给你拿些正在打折的电池吧。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shqjkyheji/gwp/542236.html