《风语河岸柳》第1章 河(3)(在线收听

A brown little face, with whiskers.

一张褐色的小脸,长着几根胡须。

With bright eyes, and small ears, and thick shiny hair.

眼睛亮亮的,耳朵小小的,毛发厚而亮。

It was the Water Rat!

这是只水老鼠。

Then the two animals stood up and looked at each other.

于是他们俩都站了起来,看着对方。

Hello, Mole!said the Water Rat.

你好,鼹鼠!

Hello, Rat! said the Mole.

你好,水鼠!

'Would you like to come over?' asked the Rat.

你愿意过来吗?水鼠问道。

Oh, it's easy to talk, said the Mole, a little crossly.

噢,说起来容易,鼹鼠有点嗔怪地说。

The river was new to him and he did not know how to get to the other side.

河,对他来说是很陌生的,他不知道怎样才能到达河对岸。

The Rat said nothing, and disappeared. Then he appeared again, in a little blue and white boat, which came quickly across the river towards the Mole.

水鼠一声没吭便不见了,不久又出现了,坐在一条蓝白相间的小船上,它很快地向鼹鼠这边驶来,靠岸边停了下来。

It stopped by the bank, and a moment later the Mole, to his great surprise and excitement, found himself actually sitting in a real boat.

不一会儿,鼹鼠满怀好奇和兴奋地发现他自己确确实实地坐在了一条真正的船上。

'Do you know, 'he said, as the Rat began to row away from the bank,

你知道吗,当水鼠将船划离河岸时,鼹鼠对他说,

I've never been in a boat before in all my life.

我这辈子还从未坐过船呢。

What?' cried the Rat. My dear fellow, you haven't lived!

什么?水鼠叫道。我亲爱的伙计,你算白活了!

Believe me, he went on seriously, there is nothing-really nothing-nicer than just messing about in boats.

相信我,他一本正经地继续着,没有什么—真的没有什么—比在船上打发时光更惬意。

You can go up river, down river, stay where you are, it really doesn't matter.

你可以划向河的上游,或下游,还可以随意停下来,一点问题也没有。

There's always something to do, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

总有事做,但如果你不想去做也不用勉强,

You can do what you like. Look here!

你可以干你愿意干的事。看这儿!

If you're not busy today, why don't we spend the day on the river together?

如果你今天没事,我们为什么不一起在河上玩它一整天呢?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fyhalsy/545917.html