《风语河岸柳》第2章 宽敞的公路(3)(在线收听

When they came down the steps again, the Toad was still talking excitedly to the Mole.

当他们再次踩踏脚板下来时,蛤蟆仍兴奋地对鼹鼠说:

So you see, everything is ready for when we start this afternoon.

你看见了,一切已准备就绪,我们今天下午就出发。

What was that? said the Rat slowly. Did you sayweand startandthis afternoon?

你说什么?水鼠慢慢地说,你是说‘我们’‘今天下午’‘出发’?

Now, dear good old Ratty, said Toad quickly, dont talk in that cross voice.

好了,亲爱的好阿鼠,蛤蟆急忙说,不要用那种厉害的口气说话,

You know you've got to come. You cant stay by your boring old river all your life.

你知道,你该有所进展了,你不能一辈子呆在你那条乏味的老河边,

I want to show you the world!

我想带你看看外面的世界!

I dont care, said the Rat calmly. Im not coming, and thats final.

我不在乎,水鼠平静地说,我不想有所改变,这就是我最终的决定,

I'm going to stay by my old river, and whats more, Moles going to stay with me, aren't you, Mole?

我将呆在我的老河旁,另外,鼹鼠将和我呆在一起,是不是,鼹鼠?

Of course I am, said the Mole bravely. But his face looked sad.

当然,是这样,鼹鼠勇敢地说,但却显得有些垂头丧气,

Poor Mole! He thought that life in a caravan on the open road would be an exciting adventure.

可怜的鼹鼠!他想:坐在大篷车里走在宽敞的公路上的生活一定是很刺激有趣的经历。

The Rat saw his sad face and felt worried. He liked his friends to be happy and he could see that the Mole really wanted to go.

水鼠看着他那伤感的样子,很担心。他希望他的朋友开心快乐,他能看出鼹鼠真的想去。

Toad watched them both carefully. Come in and have some lunch, he said pleasantly, and well talk it over.

癞蛤蟆审视着他们俩,然后愉快地说:进来用点午餐,然后再聊这事。

During lunch-which was excellent, of course, because everything at Toad Hall always was-the Toad talked and talked.

就餐时—午餐当然是一流的,因为蛤蟆宅第的一切总是如此—癞蛤蟆说个没完。

He was full of wonderful plans.

他满脑子美妙的计划,

How interesting each day would be! What adventures the three friends would have together!

每一天都将多么有趣!他们三位朋友在一起将会有多么刺激兴奋的经历!

Ah, the happiness of the travelling life!

啊,幸福的旅行生活!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fyhalsy/545926.html