《风语河岸柳》第5章 给癞蛤蟆先生的教训(2)(在线收听

Right! cried the Rat, jumping up. Let's go at once.

好!水鼠叫道,然后跳起来说:我们马上走。

When they reached Toad Hall, they saw the new motor-car in front of the house. It was long, shiny, and bright red-Toad's favourite colour.

当他们到达蛤蟆宅第,他们看见这辆新车正停放在房子前。车身很长,锃亮耀眼,是蛤蟆最喜欢的艳红色。

Then Toad himself came down the steps in an enormous overcoat, hat and driving goggles.

只见癞蛤蟆他自己穿着特大外套,戴着帽子和护目镜,正从台阶上走下来。

' Hello, you fellows! 'Toad called. 'Come for a drive. You're just in time to…to…'

你们好,伙计们!癞蛤蟆打着招呼,你们来得正好,一起兜风去…

He saw his friends' serious faces and stopped.

他看到朋友们都板着脸,便打住了。

The Badger walked up the steps. ' Come inside the house, Toad, 'he said. 'We have to talk to you. '

灌走上台阶,说:进屋去,癞蛤蟆!我们得和你谈谈。

The three of them took Toad inside and shut the door.

他们把癞蛤蟆带进屋里,然后关上大门。

'Now, ' the Badger said to Toad, 'first of all, take off those silly driving-clothes. '

现在,獾对癞蛤蟆说,首先,脱下你那可笑的驾车服。

'No, I won't! ' replied Toad. ' What is the meaning of this? Explain yourself at once! '

不,我决不!癞蛤蟆答道,这是什么意思?马上给我解释!

'Take his things off, you two, ' ordered the Badger.

脱下他那身玩意儿,你们俩,獾命令道。

It wasn't easy to do. The Rat had to sit on Toad, while the Mole pulled off his overcoat, hat and goggles.

这可不是件容易的事。水鼠不得不坐在癞蛤蟆身上压住他以便鼹鼠脱下他的外衣,帽子和护目镜。

And Toad called them some very unpleasant names while this was going on. But when he stood up again, he seemed more like himself, the Toad that they had always known.

癞蛤蟆嘴里一直对他们骂骂咧咧的。但当他再次站起来时,他似乎更像他自己,更像大家所熟悉的癞蛤蟆了。

' You knew this would happen one day, Toad, ' explained the Badger.

你应该知道这件事总有一天会发生的,蛤蟆,獾解释说

'We've warned you so many times, and you haven' t listened.

我们警告过你多次而你从来不听。

You're spending all your money, you're al-ways in trouble with the police, and you drive like a madman.

你正在花光你所有的钱财,又总是给警察找麻烦,因为你开车像疯子。

You will come with me into the next room, and there you will hear some facts about yourself.

你跟我到另一个房间去,在那儿你会听到你自己的一些荒唐事。

And you will come out a different Toad. '

你出来后将会变个样。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fyhalsy/545942.html