速成英语口语第五册 Lesson5:It's All in the Numbers(在线收听

Lesson 5 It's All in the Numbers

第5课 所有的号码都对上了

Paula: Well, you sure are chipper today, Mason.

宝拉:嗯,梅森,你今天真是精神饱满。

Mason: You can say that again.

梅森:你可以再说一遍。

Paula: Did you get the promotion you were after?

宝拉:你如愿以偿的升职了吗?

Mason: Even better! You're not going to believe this, Paula, but … we just won the lottery!

梅森:比这更好!你不会相信的,宝拉,但是…我们刚刚中了彩票!

Paula: What?! The lottery? You're kidding, right? You mean we won the state lottery?

宝拉:什么?!彩票?你在开玩笑吧?你是说我们中了州彩票?

Mason: All of our numbers came up, and we won ten million dollars!

梅森:我们所有的号码都对上了,我们赢了一千万美元!

Paula: Holy cow! Ten million dollars!

宝拉:天哪!一千万美元!

Mason: I could hardly believe it myself. When they read the winning numbers, and I saw they matched, I had to pinch myself because it felt like I was dreaming. Once the reality set in, I couldn't wait to tell you.

梅森:我自己简直不敢相信。当他们公布中奖号码,我看到他们匹配时,我不得不掐自己,因为我觉得自己在做梦。一旦现实来临,我迫不及待地想告诉你。

Paula: I can't believe it. So, I guess the first question is: what do we plan to do with the money?

宝拉:我简直不敢相信。所以,我想第一个问题是:我们打算用这些钱做什么?

Mason: I haven't figured all of that out just yet. One of the first things I wanted to do, though, is take the family out for dinner to celebrate. What do you say?

梅森:我还没有完全弄明白。不过,我想做的第一件事就是带家人出去吃饭庆祝。你说呢?

Paula: Sure, let's start telling everyone the great news.

宝拉:当然,让我们开始告诉大家这个好消息。

Mason: (chuckling) Absolutely, dear, absolutely.

梅森:(笑)绝对,亲爱的,绝对。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scyyky/dwc/546138.html