速成英语口语第五册 Lesson 18 Is There a Doctor in the House?(在线收听

Lesson 18 Is There a Doctor in the House?

第18课 这里有医生吗?

Carol: This's a great place for Friday night fish fry! I just love coming here. Fish is the house specialty!!

卡罗尔:这是周五晚上吃炸鱼的好地方!我就是喜欢来这里。鱼是这里的特色菜!!

Ben: I've heard a lot about this restaurant, but watch out for fish bones. You could choke if you swallow one.

本:我听说过很多关于这家餐厅的事,但要小心鱼骨。如果你吞下一个,你可能会窒息。

Carol: Oh, really? I've never heard of that happening in a restaurant of this caliber.

卡罗尔:哦,真的吗?我从没听说过这样的餐厅会发生这种事。

Ben: Oh dear, see that woman over there? It looks like she's choking! (shouting) Help! Is there a doctor in the house?

本:哦,天哪,看到那边那个女人了吗?看起来她噎住了!(喊叫)救命!这里有医生吗?

Carol: Quick! Somebody call 911 now!

卡罗尔:快!快打911!

Ben: Look! A waiter is coming over to her table. What on earth is he doing?

本:看!一个服务员正向她的桌子走来。他到底在干什么?

Carol: Ah, he's performing the Heimlich Maneuver to dislodge whatever she's choking on.

卡罗尔:啊,他在做海姆利克动作,把她噎住的东西赶走。

Ben: Yes, I've heard of that method. It looks like it worked. Thanks goodness! Now do you see what I mean about fish bones?

本:是的,我听说过这种方法。看起来好像成功了。谢天谢地!现在你明白我说的鱼骨是什么意思了吗?

Carol: Yeah, well, now we know what to do!

卡罗尔:是啊,现在我们知道该怎么办了!

Ben: I think I'm going to sign up for one of those classes to learn how to do it correctly.

本:我想我要报名参加其中一个课程,学习如何正确地做这件事。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scyyky/dwc/546151.html