纪录片《中国美食之旅》 第3期:北京篇(2)(在线收听

'They serve 20 different types of noodles here,

他们会做20多种不同式样的面条

'and these guys are masters of them all.'

这些家伙都是面条大神

To perfect the technique, every year

为了精益求精,每年

he would do this for at least two hours a day,

他一天至少练两个小时

for a year and a half.

整整坚持了一年半

Oh, my God!

噢,天啊

This is good! That's good!

不错啊,很好

That's amazing!

令人吃惊

It's like...noodle bullets! Yeah!

就像…面条子弹

Oh, OK. So it's kind of like...Get in there!

噢,这是某种…给我进锅里去

'I was taught to cook at home by my mother growing up in England.

我在英国长大,做饭都是母亲在家里教的

'As we as we travel across China,

在中国的旅行中

'I'm looking forward to the challenge of cooking

我越来越期待,挑战一下自己

in its fiery, professional kitchens,

用专门厨房和大火做菜

'where it's rare to find any women.'

这里面女的很少

I love it!The drama, the commotion, you know?

我喜欢,厨房上演的混乱戏剧

Also the excitement, as you approach a wok like this,

看到这样的锅很激动

because you never know what's going to happen.

你不知道会发生什么事

This is a very intensive heat source here.

这是给锅加热的热源

It heats up the wok to over 350 degrees.

能把锅加热到超过350度

It's very powerful. It really keeps you on your toes

这个很厉害,你得当心点

cos one second off, you could burn and destroy the whole dish.

只要手一抖,菜就烧焦了

'Throughout our trip,we'll be cooking dishes

我们在旅行中

'simple enough to do at home.

会尝试做简单的家常菜

'First is my take on a classic northern noodle recipe,

我带了个传统的北方面条配方

'Zha Jiang Mien.

杂酱面

'It the Chinese version of spaghetti Bolognese.'

中国版的意大利肉酱面

It's basically a meat topping,

这个用肉做臊子

a delicious savoury meat topping,

好吃又开胃的肉臊子

on top of delicious noodles,

浇到面的上面

and sometimes you have some fresh crunchy cucumbers.

你也可以放点新鲜的脆黄瓜

'Every region has its own variation of the sauce,

每个地方都有不同种类的臊子

'but the essentials are minced pork and bean paste.'

但是里面基本上都会放豆瓣酱和肉末

This is belly pork. The Chinese call it "hua rou"

这是五花肉,中国人叫花肉

"five layers of heaven". You've got skin, you've got fat,

五层的天堂,这是皮,脂肪

you've got meat,you've got fat again.

然后是瘦肉,又是脂肪

That's what gives it flavour.

那个是赋予它味道的

And this bit is quite fatty, so I'm not going to use that.

这个有点肥,我不打算用

Ooh! That's the best bit! It's really oily, Ken!

哦,这个不错,很油吧,老谭

Ohhh. I don't know, you think so? Maybe a little bit.

我不知道,你这样认为?确实有点

Just for you!

只是对你而言

My uncle used to tell me,"No fat, no flavour!"

我叔叔常说,无脂即无味

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpzgmszl/548029.html