纪录片《中国美食之旅》 第64期:广东篇(1)(在线收听

We're on the final leg of our journey across China

这里是中国行的最后一站

and have arrived in the Cantonese province of Guangdong,

我们到达了广东省

my parents' birthplace and my spiritual home.

这里是我父母的出生地,也是我精神的家园

I was last here in 1989, in the summer,

我上次来这儿是1989年的夏天

and for me it's exciting to be here

来到这里我很激动

because I can understand what everyone's saying!

因为我能听懂每个人说的话

I can't wait, I really can't wait.

我很期待,我真的非常期待

First time in Guangzhou, couldn't have a better translator.

这是我第一次来到广州,有一个最好的翻译

We're spending four days in the capital,Guangzhou,

我们将在省会广州待四天,

before going our separate ways to our family and ancestral homes.

然后各自回老家见我们的家人

This is the climax of our entire journey.

这是我们整个旅行的高潮

I'm crossing the South China Sea to Taiwan,

我将渡过南海到达台湾

where my food journey began at my grandmother's knee.

在那里,我在祖母的膝上开始了人生的美食之旅

While, here in Guangdong,

另一方面,我将在广东

I'm reuniting with family I haven't seen for 23 years.

和我已经23年未见的亲人重聚

You know, we Cantonese are often called the Sicilians of China,

你知道,我们广东人常被称作中国的西西里人

because we're loud, boisterous,

因为我们大声说话,吵吵嚷嚷

our food is, like, the greatest, we think.

我们觉得我们的食物是最好的

My parents left Guangdong for America in 1948

我的父母在1948年离开广东前往美国

in search of a better life.

寻求更好的生活

Historically, most overseas Chinese come from here,

历史上,大多数海外华人来自这里

and today there are over 30 million in more than 100 countries.

如今有超过3千万人生活在100多个国家

They took their style of cooking with them

他们带去了自己的烹饪风格

and adapted it for Western tastes.

同时根据西方人的口味做出了调整

Today this is what the West thinks of as Chinese food,

如今这就成了西方人眼中的中国菜

but there's so much more to Cantonese cuisine.

但是粤菜远不止如此

I know you would appreciate very much some of the things

我知道你会非常喜欢一些

we have to offer here.

在这里我们必须呈现的东西

Dim sum, I mean really good dim sum.

点心,我是说真的非常棒的点心

I can't wait to try dim sum with you here, actually,

我迫不及待想要和你一起去品尝一下点心

and see, you know, how different it is.

去看看到底有多特别

You know, great seafood here.

你知道,这里有非常棒的海鲜

We're famous for... We eat everything!

我们以…什么都吃著名

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpzgmszl/548213.html