纪录片《非洲》 第27期:萨瓦纳大草原(11)(在线收听

Mark knew that many of the calves would not survive.

马克深知许多小象无法生存下去

Although desperately painful to witness,

尽管目睹这一切令人心疼万分

nothing would convey the cruel power of the drought

但没什么比这更能展现干旱的残酷

more than this mother's struggle to keep her baby alive.

一位母亲竭力想要保住孩子的性命

The thing about filming a situation like that...

拍摄那样的一个场景...

You know, when an elephant calf dies,

就是 小象死亡的场景

is that when you're actually filming it,

你在拍摄过程中

you're so caught up in the moment.

会被那一幕深深震撼

But it was only after filming,

直到完成拍摄

when I put the camera away,

我放下摄像机之后

and I looked there, and there was this dead calf

看到小象已经死了

and the mother sort of standing there grieving,

母象悲伤地站在一旁

that the full impact of what I'd just filmed hit me.

我刚刚拍摄到的场景 才真的震撼到我的心灵

People often say to me, you know,

人们常对我说

"Could you not have intervened in a situation like that?"

"你碰到这种情况就不能施救吗"

There are times when you can help,

有时的确可以帮上忙

but in that time in Kenya there was no food available.

但那次在肯尼亚 实在没有食物

Now, you have to also consider the mother.

此外 也需要顾及母象

If we'd gone in there and tried to...to take the calf away,

如果我们真的介入去救走小象

it would have been absolute mayhem,

情况会变得极其混乱

she'd have got incredibly stressed,

她肯定会非常焦虑不安

and that would probably have jeopardised her survival.

那更会威胁到她的生存希望

In that particular situation,

在那种特殊的情况下

when everything around us was dying,

当周围的一切都濒临死亡

there was absolutely nothing we could do

我们真的无能为力

to help that young elephant.

去帮助那只幼象

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpfz/548347.html