生命中的一年 第3期:罗琳艰难的童年(在线收听

When Jo was 9 years old, the family moved to a village outside Chepstow on the edge of the Forest of Dean.

乔9岁的时候,家里搬到了切普斯托外的乡村,就在迪安森林的边缘。

Here was a location that offered a whole range of imaginative possibilities...magical creatures, mystery and intrigue.

这是一个给想象力提供了无穷可能性的地方,充满了魔法生物,神秘,阴谋。

I'm very drawn to forests.

我对森林着了迷。

And it's my favorite part of the Hogwarts grounds.

这也是霍格沃茨里我最喜欢的地方。

The advantage of a forest is it can be so many things.

森林的迷人之处在于它包含了太多的东西。

It can be a place of enchantment.

它可以成为一个充满魔力的地方。

You never imagine a crowd in a forest. It's a solitary place.

你无法想象森林里会有拥挤的人流,这是一个离群索居的地方。

Is it because it used to be a place of shelter and safety to us, I suppose.

我想这是我们寻求庇护和安全的地方。

So I think- I'm very drawn to them. Even though they can be spooky.

尽管森林里可能有可怕的东西,但我就是对它们着了迷。

Jo wrote stories from an early age.

乔很小的时候就开始写故事。

There was resonant material all around her.

她身边有那么多灵感元素。

She even lived next door to a graveyard.

甚至她就住在墓地的旁边。

The family lived in this house.

一家人住在这幢房子里。

Jo and her sister, Di, earned extra pocket money as part-time cleaners of St. Luke's church.

乔和她的妹妹小戴在圣路克教堂做兼职清洁工赚零花钱。

I cannot overstate how cold it got in this church in winter when we were cleaning it. It was freezing.

毫不夸张地说,你无法想像有多冷。我们冬天在这里打扫,冷死了。

For a pound each. It's tragic, really.

每人赚一磅,真的挺惨。

We must be in here loads.

在这里肯定有我们的记录。

Because we used to sign this book all the time.

因为以前我们总是在这本书上签名。

Oh, God, I know- Oh, look, it's me. There I am.

上帝,我就知道,看,这就是我,就在这里。

Me and Di together.

我和小戴签在了一起。

"Joanne Rowling, age 12. Dianne Rowling, age 10."

“乔安妮·罗琳,12岁。戴安妮·罗琳,10岁。”

There's a name I stole for Harry Potter.

我在这里偷了一个名字放在《哈利·波特》里。

For an unpleasant character as well.

还是个讨厌的人物。

Hide the book. Lock it away.

把书藏起来,锁起来。

Heh, heh. Forgotten about that.

我已经忘了这件事了。

Yes.

是的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpjkll/550721.html