福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第1集 Pilot(3)(在线收听

Is your car parked nearby?

你的车停在附近吗

Yes, it's just out there.

对,就停在外面

How did you know I had a car?

你怎么知道我有车

Parking ticket, fell out of your purse when you dropped it.

你手袋掉地上的时候,停车票露出来了

Can't have one without the other, can you?

有票必有车嘛,对不对

We're late, we need to get going.

要迟到了,我们得马上走

Err... late for what?

迟到什么

Actually, scratch the car.

算了,别开车了

Manhattan Bridge is down to a single lane.

曼哈顿桥现在堵成单行线了

We'll take the tube instead.

我们得改搭地铁

Look at this place... yuck.

瞧瞧这地方,脏乱差

I can't wait for you to tidy it.

就等你把它收拾干净了

Prior to my stint in junkie jail,

我被关进戒毒所之前

I worked as a consultant at Scotland Yard.

曾是苏格兰场(伦敦警务处总部)的顾问

Your father told me. He said you were a detective?

你父亲告诉我说,你是个侦探

I was a consultant. I wasn't paid for my services,

我是顾问,只工作,不收钱

and therefore I answered to no one but myself.

所以我都是独自解决问题

What about London?

伦敦发生什么了

What about it?

你指什么

He told me that's where you bottomed out.

他说你在那一蹶不振

He thinks something happened to you there,

他觉得是你出了什么事

he just doesn't know what.

但他不清楚到底是什么

Handsome woman, your mother.

你母亲是个很大度的女人

It's very big of her to take your dad back after the affair.

在那件事后给了你父亲很大支持

How could you possibly...?

你怎么知道的

You still haven't told me where we're going yet.

你还是没告诉我咱们要去哪

About that,

说到这个

I think you and father will be pleased to hear

我觉得你和我爸都会很高兴

I have devised a post-rehab regimen for myself

我想出了一个康戒治疗后的康复方案

that'll keep me quite busy.

会让我忙起来

I've decided to resume my work as a consultant here

我决定继续进行我的顾问工作

in New York.

就在纽约

Tell me...

告诉我

How do clients typically introduce. What do you mean?

客户一般怎么介绍你, 什么意思

I mean, I find it hard to believe they'd actually tell someone

我是说,自己被人指派了一只助手猴

they've been assigned a glorified helper monkey.

这种事情有点难以启齿

Helper-monkey?

你居然管我叫助手猴

Well you and I have what's known as companion-client confidentiality,

咱俩之间有着陪护客户保密协定

which means that you can introduce me however you like:

也就是说你可以随意介绍我

friend, coworker, relative and I'll play along.

朋友,同事,亲戚都行,我都配合

But, to be honest, most clients just call me

但是说实话,大部分客户都称我为

their companion.

他们的同伴

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/550932.html