英语口语课堂 08 意见与建议(在线收听

 

Advice and suggestions 意见与建议

Giving Advice or Making Suggestions

提出意见或建议

You'd better...

你最好...。(较随便)

A:What's the matter?You look unhappy.

怎么了?你看起来不高兴。

B:I love my girlfriend but my parents disapprove of our marriage.

我爱我的女朋友,可是我父母不同意我们的婚事.

A:It's no use complaining.You'd better talk it over with your parents again.

抱怨没有用.最好再和你的父母谈谈。

B:All right,I'll try it again.

好吧,我再试试。

Why not ...?

干嘛不...?(较随便)

A:could you recommend a good restaurant?

介绍个好餐馆好吗?

B:Why not go to the White Rose?That's my favorite place.

干嘛不去白玫瑰?那是我最喜欢的地方。

A:Thank you.I'll take your advice.

谢谢。听你的。

Be sure to ...

一定要...。(较随便)

A:What're you going to do next month?

下个月有什么打算?

B:I'll go to France and work as an interpreter for a company.

我将去法国给一家公司做翻译?

A:That's a good chance!

好机会!

Be sure to have your picture taken in front of Eiffel Tower!

一定要在埃菲尔铁塔前留个影!

What about...?

...怎么样?(较随便)

A:Prof.Smith,which novels should I cover first?

史密斯教授,我先读哪些小说呢?。

B:English novels or American novels?

是英国的还是美国的?

A:American novels.B:What about The Scarlet Letter?I think it's worth reading.

美国的."红字"怎么样?我认为值得一读.

The way I see it,you should...

依我看,你应该......。(较随便)

A:I'm not on good terms with one of the guys.He's really annoying.

有一个家伙我不在和得来,很烦人。

B:Don't feel unhappy.We need hands in the marketing department.

别不高兴。我们市场部需要人手,

The way I see it, you should join us.

依我看你应该和我们一起干。

If I were in your shoes,...

如果我是你,...。

A:Do you thin I should join the volley ball team,Mary?

玛丽,你认为我应该参加排球队吗?

B:Why not?If I were in your shoes, I certainly would.

为什么不参加呢?我要是你肯定参加。

A:But I'm afraid it'll take up much of my time.

可我担心占时间太多。

B:As the saying goes,all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

俗话说,只工作不娱乐,聪明孩子变笨拙。

You should take more exercise.

你该多活动活动。

You'd be unwise to ...

...是不明智的。(较正式)

A:Where're you going,Henry?

亨利,你去哪儿?

B:I'm going to buy some stocks at the exchange center.

我准备在中心买些股票。

A:It's a good way to make money.

那命题赚钱的好方法。

But you'd be unwish to invest all your savings in stocks.

但是用所有的积蓄买股票是不明智的。

I'd rather you didn't...

我倒觉得你不...为好。(较随便)

Have you read oday's newspager?There's a very good job opportunity.

读今天的报纸了吗?有一个很好的工作机会。

B:I'd rather you didn't apply for that position.

我倒觉得你不该去申请那个职位。

A:Why? B:You can not compete with the postgraduates.

为什么?你可不如那些研究生有竞争力。

You may/might as well...

你不妨......。(通用)

A:I've been working on this problem for a long time.

我在这个问题上花了好长时间。

But I still can't work it out.

但是还是解决不了。

B:Take it easy.You might as well do something else now.

别急。你不妨先干别的事情。

May be you can find some clues later. A:I hope so.

也许以后能找到一些线索。但愿如此。

I'd suggest you...

我建议你...。(通用语)

A:What's wrong with you ?You look very pale.

你怎么了?你脸色不好。

B:I've got a bad headache.A:Really?

我头痛的厉害。真的?

I'd suggest you see the doctor at once.

我建议你去看看大夫。

Would it be a good idea...?

......是个好主意吗?(通用语)

A:Bob,why are you looking so depressed?

鲍白,你怎么看起来那么不高兴?

B:Mum,I'm not a good boy.I broke papa's glass just now.

妈妈,我不是好孩子。刚才我把爸爸的杯子打碎了。

A:Oh,sonny.Would it be a good idea to tell nim the truth?

孩子啊,把实情告诉爸爸不好吗?

B:Yeah,but I'm afraid he'll scold me.

好是好,但是我怕爸爸责备我。

You have to ...if you listen to me.

听我的话,你应该......。(通用)

A:John,you should take good care of yourself.

约翰,你应该好好照顾自己。

B:What do you mean by this?

你的意思是什么?

A:You're coughing all these days.

这些天你一直在咳嗽,

You have to cut down on smoking,if you listen to me.

听我的话,少抽烟。

B:Thank you for your kindness.I'll try to give it up.

谢谢你的好意。我会高潮戒烟的。

I recommend ...

我建议......。(较正式)

A:Do I need to carry out the plan now? B:No,you'd better not.

我需要马上实施计划吗?最好现在不要实施。

A:Could you offer me some advice?

你能给我一些建议吗?

B:I recommend you to think it over.

我建议你认真考虑一下。

It seems to me that you should...

我想你应当......。(较正式)

A:I haven't seen you or a long time.

好久不见啦!

B:Yeah,what did you do in your winter vacation? n是啊。寒假做什么了?

A:Nothing at all.Just relaxation.\

没做什么。只是放松放松。

B:Do you realize you're putting on weight?

你没意识到你胖了不少吗?

It seems to me you should go on a diet.

好像你该节食了。

Would you be interested in...?

你对...有兴趣吗?(较正式)

A:I've seen little of you these days.What're you doing?

最近很少见你,忙什么呢?

B:I've been tied up with my business.

工作奇谈怪论,实在脱销不开身。

A:It's Sunday today.Would you be interested in doing something outdoors?

今天是星期天,对户外活动感兴趣吗?

B:Great!I've been expecting that.

太棒了!我盼着呢!

Asking for Advice or Suggestions

征求意见或建议

What do you think we should do?

你觉得我们该做些什么呢?(通用)

A:It's fine today.What do you think we should do ?

天儿很好,你觉得我们该做些什么呢?

B:How about going out for a picnic? A:Sounds a good idea.

出去野餐怎么样?这主意听起来不错。

I'd like to have your advice on...

我想请你对......提些建议。(较正式)

A:Prof.White,I'd like to have your advice on my article.

怀特教授,我希望您给我的文章提些建议。

B:It's good except for some spelling mistakes.

不错,只是有几处拼写错误。

What's more,the first paragraph is irrelevant to the article.

此外,每一段与本文无关,

It should be omitted.

该把它删掉。

A:Thank you very much.

谢谢。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yykykt/552522.html