福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第11集 Dirty Laundry(6)(在线收听

-我来帮你 -谢谢

- I'll give you a hand. - Thank you.

好吧 我和妻子的婚姻是有问题

Yes, my wife and I have been having problems, and yes,

我也确实丢掉了金融顾问的工作

I lost my job as a financial consultant.

这也是为什么昨晚我和其他失业的朋友

Which is why I spent yesterday evening at a Pink Slip Mixer

去求职机构的原因

with some other unemployed friends.

被乔治城大学和密歇根大学提前录取

Early admission to Georgetown and Michigan.

恭喜 你妈妈一定很为你骄傲

Congratulations. Your mom must have been really proud.

是啊

Yeah. She was.

看来你的足球踢得不错

Looks like you're a pretty serious soccer player.

密西根大学的教练答应让我参加校队

The coach at Michigan promised me that I'd start.

但我妈一心想让我去乔治城大学

But my mom, she really had her heart set on Georgetown.

抱歉

I'm sorry.

我一直告诉自己

I keep telling myself,

"艰难的时期总会过去

"Tough times don't last,

只有坚强的人才能坚持到底"

tough people do."

还有"一切都会过去的"

And, "This too shall pass""

"一切都会过去的"

"This too shall pass."

"珍惜生命的每一天"

"Living one day at a time."

我认识很多康复期的病人

I know a lot of people in recovery.

是啊

Yeah.

几年前 我的膝盖受伤了

A couple of years ago, I... I hurt my knee.

所以...

So...

一开始 我只是为了参加比赛

I started taking pain pills just to, like,

而服用止痛药

get through games.

但到了赛季结束的时候

But by the end of the season,

我干脆依靠这些药物度日

I was just taking them to get through the day, and...

是妈妈帮我戒除了药瘾

My mom is the one who helped me get clean.

我想把我的手机号码留给你

You know, I'm gonna give you my phone number.

要是你想找人聊聊 随时打给我

If you need to talk, my phone's on all the time.

真是浪费时间

Waste of time, that was.

什么

What

来这里

Coming here.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/555372.html