华盛顿邮报 “霉霉经济学”效应拉动美国GDP(6)(在线收听

 

    Yeah, it really has been. And I think there were a lot of similarities in those tours, because many people would travel to go see the Renaissance tour, and they would go multiple times, and they would plan, you know, weekends around it, and so I know a lot of people that did that.

    是的,确实有关系。我认为这些巡演有很多相似之处,因为很多人都会去看文艺复兴巡演,而且他们还会去很多次,他们会计划周末去看文艺复兴巡演,我知道很多人都是这样干的。

    So I think it was more than just the concert. It just became an event.

    我认为它不仅仅是一场音乐会,而且它还变成了一个事件。

    And it looks like the tour, according to Billboard, grossed about $580 million, a huge amount of money.

    据Billboard的数据,这次巡演的总收入约为5.8亿美元,这是一笔巨款。

    So it really did just add to this excitement of the whole summer of concerts.

    这场巡演确实为整个夏天的音乐会增加了兴奋感。

    How did Taylor Swift become as big as she is?

    泰勒·斯威夫特是怎么变得这么红的?

    She definitely got a very strong start in Nashville, to the surprise of many executives who thought there was no way that a 15- or 16-year-old girl could relate to a country-music audience.

    她在纳什维尔有个很好的开始,这让许多监制感到惊讶,他们认为一个十五六岁的女孩不可能与乡村音乐听众建立联系。

    That was quickly proven wrong.

    这个想法很快被证明是错误的。

    And then, she had a lot of crossover success, which is something that a lot of country singers often try to do because, you know, Nashville is a very contained market.

    随后,她在跨界音乐上取得了很多成功,这是很多乡村歌手经常尝试做的事情,因为纳什维尔是一个非常封闭的市场。

    The country-music audience is a pretty contained audience.

    乡村音乐的听众数量相当有限。

    So if you can go pop, if you want to do that, then there's just the possibility that you can expand your reach globally even more.

    如果你能走流行音乐,如果你想做流行音乐,那么你就有可能扩大全球影响力。

    So Taylor did that very successfully.

    泰勒做得很成功。

    You know, some hits that people might be really familiar with are, like, "Love Story."有些热门歌曲大家可能很熟悉,比如《Love Story》。

    We were both young when I first saw you.

    第一次见到你的时候我们都很年轻

    I close my eyes and the flashback starts.

    我闭上眼晴那一幕又闪现了。

    I'm standing there.

    我站在那里。

    "You Belong With Me."

    歌曲《You Belong With Me》

    So why can't you see. You belong with me.

    你为什么看不见呢? 我们惺惺相惜。

    "Shake It Off," which I think is maybe her biggest hit ever.

    歌曲《Shake It Off》,我觉得这可能是她有史以来最火的一首歌。

    And so songs like that really exploded and brought her to a much, much bigger audience.

    像这首歌一样的许多歌曲爆火,让她有了更多的听众。

    So, when "Shake It Off" was released in 2014, that is when she started touring stadiums and was already selling those out.

    2014年发行《Shake It Off》时,也是她在各个体育馆开巡演、门票大卖的时候。

    'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play.

    因为玩家要一直玩、玩、玩、玩、玩

    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

    而敌人只会一直恨、恨、恨、恨、恨

    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake.

    亲爱的,我只想甩、甩、甩、甩、甩

    I shake it off, I shake it off. Hoo-hoo-hoo!

    我通通甩掉,我通通甩掉

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hsdyb/565929.html