我不敢居功(在线收听


SCENE
A  艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现  

【我不敢居功】

 

Mary:  Are you Elvin?

玛莉:  你是艾文吗?

 

Elvin:  Elvin Dixon. Who are you?

艾文:  艾文迪克森。你是谁?

 

Mary:  I'm Mary. I want to say I really 1) admire the software you're designed.

玛莉:  我是玛莉。我真的很欣赏你设计的软件。

 

Elvin:  Easy stuff. But thanks. And the 1)admiration is 2) mutual.

艾文:  简单的玩意。不过还是谢了。这份欣赏是彼此彼此。

 

Mary:             It is?

玛莉:  真的?

 

Elvin:   You're selling InfoKing 3) subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working 4) demo yet.

艾文:   你把资讯王的订阅卖得如入无人之境。 而我们甚至连能用的样品都还没着落呢。

 

Mary:            I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the 5) pro.

玛莉:  我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她才是高手。

 

 

语言详解

 

A: Here's a demo of our product.

   这是我们产品的样品。

 

B: Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you.

   谢谢。我看过之后再联络你。

 

like nobody's business 如入无人之境】

 

like nobody's business可以用来表达无人能出其右,形容此人相当有一手:

 

A: They play the blues like nobody's business.

    他们演奏蓝调的技巧无人能敌。

B: I have to go and see them.

    我一定要去看看他们。

 

take the credit居功】

 

credit功劳,赞扬的意思,take the credit就是指因为功劳而接受赞扬,可以用在正面的居功

 

A: Josh, you are amazing!

    乔许,你真是令人不可思议!

B: I can't take the credit for this job. We all worked hard on it.

    这工作我不能居功。大家都很努力。

 

1) admire  (v.) 仰慕,钦羡;名词是admiration

2) mutual  (a.) 互相的

3) subscription  (n.) 订阅

4) demo  (n.) (商品的)样品,demonstration的略缩。

5) pro  (n.) 专家,系professional 的略缩

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7805.html