她可都是玩真的(在线收听


SCENE
C  会议结束后 

【她可都是玩真的】

 

Elvin:           I used to 1) be down on the sales people until I saw her 2) in action.

艾文:         我以前对业务员都很失望,直到我见识到吉娜的能耐。

 

Dave:  She means business, for sure.

戴夫:         她可都是玩真的。

 

Elvin:  Most salespeople seem like 3) half-brains. Zina's definitely an 4) exception.

艾文:         大部分的业务看起来都没大脑。吉娜绝对是个例外。

 

Dave:  We'd better get back to work.

戴夫:         我们最好回去工作了。

 

Elvin:  Yeah, I'm not too worried about Vince, but I'd hate to face Zina if  we don't 5) deliver...

艾文:         是啊,我还不太担心文斯,但若我们搞不定,我可是打死不想面对吉娜……

 

语言详解

 

A: It's definitely time you got a haircut.

   你绝对该去剪头发了。

 

B: I know. My hair is always in my eyes.

   我知道。我的头发老是跑进眼睛。

 

mean business 玩真的】

 

mean business是表示当真,玩真的,没有儿戏的成份在内,一心一意地去达成某件事,未必和生意business有关:

 

A: I still can't believe Mary got into college.

     我还是不敢相信玛莉考进大学了。

B: Well, she meant business this time.

     呃,她这次是玩真的。

 

mean business也可以表示为了某种目的而来:

 

A: Why are the police outside?

     警察怎么会在这儿?

B: They mean business. Otherwise, they wouldn't have come here.

     他们来办事。要不然没事他们不会来的。

 

1) be down on... 对……感到失望,看不起。

2) in action  在行动中,在动作中

3) half-brain  (n.) 只有半个脑,意即没大脑,白痴

4) exception  (n.) 例外

5) deliver  (v.) 成功达成交付任务

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7816.html