我太紧张了(在线收听


SCENE② B  艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面 

【我太紧张了】

 

Elvin:  Wow. She can be really 1) nasty, can't she?

艾文:  哇。她讨厌起来还真要命,不是吗?

 

Mary:          No. She was right. I was too nervous. I kept thinking, "What if we 2) blow it"?

玛莉:  不。她说得对。我太紧张了。我满脑子都在想万一我们搞砸了怎么办?

 

Elvin:  Well, I guess Zina figured you couldn't blow it if you were in the hotel room.

艾文:  呃,我猜吉娜料想,若你待在旅馆房间就不会坏事了。

 

Mary:  She even stayed at a different hotel. She said I might be 3) contagious.

玛莉:         她甚至还住在另一间旅馆。她说我这坏心态或许会传染。

 

Elvin:  Well, at least we have Stars.com. That'll be great 4) publicity.

艾文:  呃,起码我们有了Stars.com。那会是很好的宣传。


语言详解

 

A: You can be really nasty to your friends.

   你有时候对朋友还真恶劣。

 

B: They deserve it.

   他们活该。

 

What if 万一……怎么办】

 

what if = what will we/you do if,是省略掉你(或我)要怎么办字眼,达到简洁的目的。

 

A: I agree with you. But what if Cindy comes in five minutes

     我同意你的想法。但是万一辛蒂五分钟后来了怎么办?

B: Well, we have waited for her at least 45 minutes.

     我们至少己经等她四十五分钟啦。

A: Let's stay another ten minutes.

     让我们多停留十分钟吧。

 

1) nasty  (a.) 惹人厌的,低劣的

2) blow (v.) 搞砸,失败

3) contagious (a.) 具传染性的

4) publicity  (n.) 宣传,知名度

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7821.html