他会改变主意的(在线收听


SCENE③ B  ?吉娜到了自己的隔间

【他会改变主意的】

 

Zina:  He's going to change his mind. The 1) reinforcements will be here first thing tomorrow.

吉娜:         他会改变主意的。救火队明天一大早就会来。

 

Dave:  Are you serious? How? How did you 2) manage that?

戴夫:         你是认真的吗?怎么?你是怎么办到的?

 

Zina:           I worked a little deal with Vikam.

吉娜:         我跟维康做了点小交易。

 

Dave:  The 3) venture capitalists? When have you had time to talk to them?

戴夫:         投资方?你哪来的时间跟他们说?

 

Zina:  We had breakfast this morning.

吉娜:         我们今天吃了早饭。

 

Dave:  Geez. Does Vince know about this?

戴夫:         天啊。文斯知道这档事吗?

 

语言详解

 

A: Why do you look so serious?

    你怎么一副正经八百的样子?

 

B: I'm thinking! Don't bother me!

    我在想事情!别烦我!

 

first thing tomorrow 明天赶办】

 

当他人有事情交代的时候,为了表明自己不会拖延,会尽速办理,你就可以用上这句短语first thing tomorrow,好让对方安心。当然由于事情的轻重缓急有所不同,赶办的时间也可以视情况而代换,好比first thing in the morning一早赶办first thing Monday周一赶办等等。

 

A: When are you going to start working on this project?

     你何时会开始进行这个计划?

B: I'll get to it first thing tomorrow.

     我赶明天就马上进行。

 

A: Let's send a fax to our Hong Kong office first thing Monday.

     让我们在星期一尽速发一份传真给我们香港办事处。

B: I'll surely do that.

     我一定照办。

 

1) reinforcements (n.) 增援,救兵

2) manage  (v.) 得以做到

3) venture capitalist  提供创业投资的投资方

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7824.html