你这是在闹小孩子脾气(在线收听


SCENE② C  吉娜与艾文继续在走道上说话 

【你这是在闹小孩子脾气】

 

Zina:      You're being 1) childish. Your nose will heal. And so will your 2) pride, if you let it.

吉娜:  你这是在闹小孩子脾气。你鼻子的伤会好。你受损的自尊也是,就看你自己要不

        要。

 

Elvin:     I'll have us ready for Stars.com by the end of next week. After that, I don't know.

艾文:  我们下星期之前,就会把给Stars.com的东西准备好。之后的事,我就不知道了。 

 

Zina:      Don't know what?

吉娜:   不知道什么?

 

Elvin:     3) Let's just say there could be some big changes around here.

艾文:  我们姑且就说这里会有大变动吧。

 

Zina:      Is that right? Like what kind of changes?

吉娜:  是这样吗?哪一种变动?

 

Elvin:     4) You'll see. Oh, yeah, you'll see.

艾文:  你到时就会知道。没错,你到时就知道。

 

Zina:      Come on, grow up. Have you seen Vince around?

吉娜:  你长大一点行吧。你看到文斯在附近吗?

 

语言详解

 

A: Rob hasn't been the same since his girlfriend dumped him.

   罗伯被女朋友甩了之后,就变了个人。

 

B: I think she really hurt his pride.

   我想她真的伤了他的自尊心。

 

Grow up! 你成熟点!】

 

grow up 大家都知道,是指生理及心理上的成熟。

 

A: Uncle Ted, I haven't seen you for so long.

     泰德叔叔,我好久没看到你了。

B: Karen, you're grown up to be a beautiful young woman.

     凯伦,你已经出落成年轻美姑娘了。

 

另外,当你看到有人明明已经七老八十了,却还是幼稚异常,耍孩子脾气,你巴不得他们成熟一点,这时候用 grow up ,就是希望他们在心态个性上能够成熟,长大一点。

 

A: Angie is a dork. Angie is a dork.

     安姬真蠢。安姬真蠢。

B: Why don't you just grow up?

     你成熟一点好不好?

 

1) childish (a.)  幼稚的,孩子气的

2) pride (n.)  自尊

3) Let's just say...  我们姑且说……

4) You'll see  你等着看。你到时就会知道。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7844.html