关于安乐死(在线收听

  A:Marco,what do you wanna talk today?Marco,今天你想谈点儿什么?

  B:Drew,I was reading a book about euthanasia last night.And I am a bit confused.Drew,我昨晚看了一本儿关于安乐死的书。我有点儿困惑了。

  A:What did the book say?书里写了什么?

  B:What is in the book is not important,I ws wondering what you think of it.写了什么不重要。我想知道你是怎么想的。

  A:Me?You know. I’ve never thought about it,This is like such a big question.我?你知道我可从来没想过这个问题。这问题可够大的。

  B:No,no.Drew. I’m serious,Think about it. I know death is just part of life, I mean should a doctor leave patients lying there in beds,watching them suffer from throes,or give them some medicines to let them die?不Drew.我是认真的,想一下。我知道死亡是生存的一部分,我是说医生是应该把病人留在床上,看他们受苦,还是应该给他们点儿药,让他们死呢?

  A:I don’t know. I’m not a doctor.我不知道。我又不是医生。

  B:What would you do if you were a doctor?如果你是医生的话你会怎么办?

  A:Well. I guess one of a doctor’s duties is to prevent suffering and sometimes killing is the only way to do it.我想医生的职责之一就是不让病人受苦,有些时候让他们反而对病人来说是种解脱

  B;killing?让他们死?

  A:I mean there should be 2 kinds of euthanasia ,passive and active.我是说应该有主动和被动两种安乐死。

  B:What’s the distinction between them?这两者有什么分别吗?

  A:Active is like killing,which sounds a little controversial.And passive is like letting die.If a patient has some kind of living-will,on which it says he does not want his life prolonged.Then the doctor could practice mercy-killing.主动安乐死有点儿象谋杀,存在很大的争议。被动安乐死就是让病人自己选择死,如果病人生前立了遗嘱,不想延续生命的话。那么医生们就可以执行安乐死。

  B:You’ve got a point there.有道理

  A:Marco,Can we just not talk about this?My girl friend is coming here in 2 hours. I don’t wanna give her a mercy-killing face.Marco,咱们能不能不谈这个。我女朋友两个钟头以后来。我可不想给她看安乐死的脸

  B:Sorry,buddy. I’ll let you go.你去约会吧。Have a good date.抱歉。

  A:Ok.Bye bye.再见

  Attention Please…特别提醒

  [你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

  [1]euthansia安乐死。它的另一种说法是mercy-killing。安乐死历来就是一个容易引起争议的问题[cojtroersial question]。你不妨用英语跟老外们聊聊这个问题。

  [2]是遗嘱的意思。是病人的一种书面说明。生命日后在无望康复是要求不采取医疗手段延续生命。

  Related Words…相关词汇

  以下这些词汇并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问老外它们的意思

  [ie:What does“***”mean?“***”是什么意思?]

  legalize condemned syringe taboo

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/study/8749.html