UNIT 3 Pardon Me! Lesson 23 Supper with the Bradshaws(在线收听

[ti:UNIT 3 Pardon Me! Lesson 23 Supper with the Bradshaws]
[0:00.988]UNIT 3 第三单元
[0:02.561]Pardon Me! 原谅我!
[0:04.093]Lesson 23: 第23课:
[0:06.029]Supper with the Bradshaws 和布莱特肖一家共进晚餐
[0:09.275]To: 至:
[0:09.940][email protected]
[0:12.762]From: 来自:
[0:13.508][email protected]
[0:16.613]Subject: 主题:
[0:17.702]Peppermints 薄荷糖
[0:19.295]Date: 日期:
[0:20.161]11/04 4:22 PM 4月11日下午4:22
[0:24.536]Dear Jenny, 亲爱的珍妮:
[0:25.665]We just came home from the airport. 我们刚刚从机场回来。
[0:28.024]Bruce and his father have left. 布鲁斯和他的父亲走了。
[0:30.907]They had a wonderful visit here. 他们在这里游玩得很愉快。
[0:33.105]It was great to meet Bruce face to face, after having written to him for so long. 给他写信这么长时间了,能当面见到布鲁斯,这很不错。
[0:38.407]But he and his father sometimes had trouble with Chinese customs and culture. 但是他和他的父亲有时在中国风俗和文化上有麻烦。
[0:43.891]They tried to be polite, but sometimes they made mistakes. 他们试图表现礼貌,但是他们有时会犯错误。
[0:48.044]Last night, my parents invited them to a restaurant for supper. 昨晚,我父母邀请他们到餐馆吃晚饭。
[0:52.520]While we ate, Bruce and his father praised most of the food. 在我们吃饭时,布鲁斯和他父亲称赞了大部分的饭菜。
[0:57.056]But, when my father tried to give Mr. Bradshaw some duck's feet, 但是当我父亲试图给布莱特肖先生一些鸭掌时,
[1:01.310]Mr. Bradshaw said, "No, thank you! I don't like duck's feet." 布莱特肖先生却说:“不,谢谢!我不喜欢吃鸭掌。”
[1:06.532]My parents were both surprised, of course. 当然,我的父母都很吃惊。
[1:09.435]In China, it's polite to try every food on the table. 在中国,尝尝桌上的每道饭菜是礼貌的。
[1:13.447]I explained to my father, in Chinese, that Western customs are different. 我用汉语给我父亲解释西方的习俗是不同的。
[1:18.265]People can say "no, thank you" without being rude 人们可以说:“不,谢谢”,并非是不礼貌的,
[1:21.693]and that Western people never eat duck's feet! 西方人是从不吃鸭掌的!
[1:24.939]At the end of the meal, Mr. Bradshaw opened a box of peppermint candies. 在要吃完饭的时候,布莱特肖先生打开了一盒薄荷糖。
[1:29.979]Do you remember, Jenny, when I tried peppermint in Canada? 珍妮,你记得吗,我在加拿大尝薄荷时?
[1:33.810]I hated it! 我很不喜欢!
[1:35.705]Mr. Bradshaw passed the box to everyone. 布莱特肖先生把盒子递给每一个人。
[1:38.567]I certainly wondered what my parents would do. 我当然好奇我的父母会怎么做。
[1:41.854]They each took a peppermint, and ate it. 他们每个人拿了一块薄荷糖,并吃了它。
[1:44.474]They smiled, and thanked Mr. Bradshaw. 他们笑了笑并谢谢布莱特肖先生。
[1:47.620]Then they both looked at me. 然后他们都朝我看。
[1:49.535]So I had to eat one, too! 所以我不得不也吃了一块!
[1:51.854]In good Chinese tradition, I told him that I enjoyed it. 按中国的传统,我告诉他我很喜欢。
[1:56.148]At the airport today, Mr. Bradshaw gave us a big box of peppermints as a gift. 今天在机场时,布莱特肖先生给了我们一大盒薄荷糖作为礼物。
[2:01.443]I don't know what we'll do with them! 我不知道我们该如何处置!
[2:03.882]Bye for now, 再见,
[2:05.092]Li Ming 李明
[2:07.148]Do you like peppermints? 你喜欢吃薄荷糖吗?
[2:08.640]Maybe I'll give these peppermints to you! 或许我可以把这些薄荷糖送给你!
[2:11.958]LET'S DO IT! 做一做!
[2:14.136]You are a guest at a dinner but you feel very uncomfortable. 你是一个宴会的客人,可你觉得非常不舒服。
[2:19.224]What's wrong? 怎么了?
[2:20.486]Is it the food or the drinks? 是食物还是饮料的问题?
[2:23.215]Is it the table manners of the people eating with you? 是与你进餐的人的餐桌礼仪的问题吗?
[2:28.000]Write a diary entry, an e-mail or a letter about the dinner. 写一篇关于那次宴会的日记,电子邮件或一封信。
[2:28.000]
[2:28.000]
[2:28.000]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/hbjyczyyqsbjnjx/136319.html