UNIT 4 Work for Peace Lesson 31 Peace at Last(在线收听

[ti:UNIT 4 Work for Peace Lesson 31 Peace at Last]
[0:01.123]UNIT 4 第四单元
[0:02.748]Work for Peace 为和平而努力
[0:05.512]Lesson 31: 第31课:
[0:07.421]Peace at Last 终于和平了
[0:11.251]Dear Danny, 亲爱的丹尼:
[0:12.505]This week, I had a big fight with a friend. 这周,我和一个朋友大吵了一架。
[0:16.006]He and I play on the same basketball team. 我和他在同一个篮球队打球。
[0:19.155]We were going to play on Sunday. 我们周日要去打比赛。
[0:21.215]It was a very important game. 这是一个非常重要的比赛。
[0:23.343]Then, on Thursday, we heard some news. 在周四,我们听到了一些消息。
[0:26.861]The time of the game had been changed. 比赛的时间已经变了。
[0:29.625]Now, we were going to play on Saturday afternoon. 现在,我们要在周六下午打比赛。
[0:33.025]I said to my friend, 我对我的朋友说:
[0:34.801]"Oh, no! I have been invited to a party on Saturday afternoon!" “哦,不!我周六下午已经应邀要参加一个聚会。”
[0:39.541]He said, "Oh, what a pity. 他说:“哦,多么遗憾啊。
[0:42.439]You'll have to miss the party." 你将不得不错过这个聚会了。”
[0:44.835]This was a big problem. 这是一个大问题。
[0:46.845]I had already said that I would come to the party. 我已经说了我会参加聚会。
[0:49.726]I couldn't do both. 我不能两者兼顾。
[0:51.301]I had to decide between them. 我必须在它们之间做出选择。
[0:54.031]When I told my friend about my problem, he was angry. 当我告诉我的朋友我的问题后,他很生气。
[0:57.733]He said, "You can't miss the game! 他说:“你不能缺席这场比赛!
[1:00.531]You're a member of the team!" 你是球队的一员!”
[1:02.909]When I went home, I asked my mother what I should do. 当我回家后,我问我妈妈我该怎么做。
[1:06.729]She said that the decision was mine. 她说我应该自己决定。
[1:09.426]I couldn't fall asleep that night. 我那天晚上失眠了。
[1:11.754]I kept thinking about my problem. 我一直在想我的问题。
[1:14.669]In the morning, I told my mother, 第二天早上,我告诉我妈妈说:
[1:17.198]"I think I'll go to the party. “我想我会去参加聚会的。
[1:19.309]I said that I would be there. 我说过我会去的。
[1:21.537]It wouldn't be fair for me to go to the game." 去参加比赛对我来说不公平。”
[1:24.971]"All right," my mother said. “对,”我妈妈说。
[1:27.400]"If I knew that the game would be on Saturday, I would have said no to the party invitation. “如果我知道比赛将在周六举行,我会拒绝聚会邀请的。
[1:33.028]But I said yes, so I have to go." 但是我答应了,因此我必须去。”
[1:36.630]After I missed the game, my friend was very angry. 在我缺席那场比赛之后,我的朋友非常生气。
[1:40.533]I tried to explain, but he's still mad at me. 我设法解释,但是他仍然很生我的气。
[1:44.335]What should I do? 我该怎么办?
[1:45.994]Your friend, 你的朋友,
[1:47.099]Li Ming 李明
[1:49.930]Dear Li Ming, 亲爱的李明:
[1:51.572]Don't be angry, but I laughed when I read your e-mail. 别生气,我读了你的电子邮件后笑了。
[1:55.341]You fought with your friend this week, and I fought with my friend, too! 你这周和你的朋友发生了口角,我也和我的朋友发生了争执!
[2:00.618]Brian and I were so angry that we weren't speaking to each other. 我和布莱恩都非常生气,我们都不理对方了。
[2:05.593]It started when I found ten dollars on the street. 这从我在街上发现了十美元开始。
[2:08.859]I was very happy, because I wanted to buy a birthday present for my friend Sandra. 我非常高兴,因为我想给我的朋友桑德拉买一件生日礼物。
[2:14.957]After I bought the present, I told Jenny and Brian about finding the money. 在我买了礼物之后,我告诉了珍妮和布莱恩我捡到钱的事了。
[2:19.815]Brian said that he had lost ten dollars. 布莱恩说他丢了十美元。
[2:22.947]He said that the money I found was his. 他说我捡到的钱是他的。
[2:25.929]Soon, we were both shouting at each other. 后来,我们就互相大吵起来。
[2:28.743]Brian said that he wouldn't be my friend again until I gave him his money. 布莱恩说除非我还他钱否则他就不再做我的朋友了。
[2:34.656]Jenny said we should have a conversation. 珍妮说我们应该谈一谈。
[2:37.119]Yesterday, she helped us to make peace with each other. 昨天,她帮我们和解了。
[2:40.754]We held a meeting. 我们进行了一次会面。
[2:42.479]She told us that we shouldn't fight over ten dollars. 她说我们不应该为了十美元而争吵。
[2:45.997]Brian and I agreed to go home and think about it. 我和布莱恩同意回家想想这件事。
[2:49.565]So I did. 我也这样做了。
[2:51.475]Do you know what I decided? 你知道我的决定吗?
[2:53.703]I am going to give Brian ten dollars. 我打算给布莱恩十美元。
[2:56.718]I'm going to babysit my cousin Debbie next week, and I will give Brian the money I earn. 我下周要帮忙照看我的堂妹黛比,我会把我挣到的钱给布莱恩的。
[3:02.966]Danny 丹尼
[3:04.541]P.S. 附言:
[3:05.529]Brian just called me on the phone. 布莱恩刚刚打电话给我。
[3:07.824]He said friendship is more important than money. 他说友谊比金钱更重要。
[3:11.057]He said he doesn't want the ten dollars anymore! 他说他不再想要那十美元了!
[3:15.303]I shouldn't keep others' money. 我不应该把别人的钱占为己有。
[3:17.598]Friendship is more important! 友谊更重要!
[3:20.060]I regret what I did. 我后悔我所做的事了。
[3:22.604]LET'S DO IT! 做一做!
[3:24.600]Write a diary entry, an e-mail or a letter about the topic below: 写一篇关于下面话题的日记、邮件、信。
[3:31.270]Have you or anyone in your family experienced war before? 你或你们家的人曾经经历过战争吗?
[3:36.700]What is war like? 战争是什么样的?
[3:36.700]
[3:36.700]
[3:36.700]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/hbjyczyyqsbjnjx/136333.html