赖世雄观光英语通78:失而复得(在线收听

   赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。

  Lost and Found
  失而复得
  Kathy and Evan go to the U.S. Embassy to apply for a new passport.
  凯西和艾凡到美国大使馆去申请新护照。
  K:I'm really sorry about this, Evan. What a pain I must be!
  凯西:艾凡,这件事我真的很抱歉。我一定是个败事有余的人!
  E:Don't worry about a thing, Kathy. This could happen to anyone.
  艾凡:凯西,一点也不用担心。这种事任何人都可能会发生。
  K:I'm really sorry, Evan.
  凯西:艾凡,我真的很抱歉。
  E:Oh, stop it! Come on, let's go in.
  (Kathy and Evan enter the embassy and go to the Passport Section. Evan sits down, and Kathy goes to a window to talk to an embassy official.)
  艾凡:哦,别说了!来吧,咱们进去吧。
  (凯西和艾凡进入大使馆走到护照部门。艾凡坐了下来,而凯西走到一个窗口询问一名大使馆官员。)
  K:Excuse me, sir?
  凯西:先生,打扰一下?
  O:Yes? How can I help you, miss?
  官员:嗯?小姐,有什么需要我帮忙的吗?
  K:I'm afraid I lost my passport. I need to apply for a new one.
  凯西:恐怕我遗失了我的护照。我需要申请一本新护照。
  O:Oh, that's too bad. It's really a lot of trouble. Well, here are the forms you'll need to fill out.
  官员:哦,真是太糟了。换护照可是很麻烦的。嗯,这些是你需要填写的表格。
  K:All these forms?
  凯西:这么多表格?
  O:I'm afraid so. Here's a pen to get started.
  官员:恐怕是的。这里有笔,开始写吧。
  K:That's OK. I have one in my coat pocket. (She reaches into her pocket.) Huh? What's this? Oh, my God! It's my passport! I must have put it into my coat pocket when I left the bank after cashing a traveler's check the other day.
  凯西:不用了。我外套口袋里有一支笔。(她把手伸到口袋。)咦?这是什么?哦,我的天啊!是我的护照!前几天我去银行兑换一张旅行支票,一定是在离开银行时把它放进我外套口袋里的。
  O:Lucky you!
  官员:你真幸运!
  单词短语精讲:
  1 .apply for…申请……
  例:In Amenica,if you want to get married,you' 11 have to apply for a mam-iage license fast.
  (在美国,如果你想要结婚,得先申请一张结婚证书。)
  2. What a pain I must be!
  我一定是个败事有余的人!我一定是个讨人厌的人。
  3 . pain 令人讨厌的人或事
  It's a plain to V……是一件讨人厌的事
  例:A:How about inviting Susan to our party this Satunday
  B:Have you lost your minds She's a heal pain,always complaining about her job.
  (甲:要不要邀请苏珊来参加我们礼拜六的派对,!)
  (乙:你疯厂吗?她是一个很讨人厌的人,老是抱怨她的工作。)
  It's a pain to take out the garbage every day,but it's my nesponsibility
  (每天拿垃圾出去倒是一件讨人厌的事,但它是我的工作职责。)
  4. Don't worry about a thing.一点也不用担心。什么都不用担心。
  例:A:I'm so nervous!What if I don't get the jobs
  B:Don't worry about a thing. You're well-qualified for the job.
  (甲:我好紧张!要是我没得到那份工作呢,!)
  (乙:什么也不用担心。你非常符合那份工作的要求。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/328993.html