《唐顿庄园》精讲37 下人的饭桌话题(在线收听

How long do you think they'll be? I'm starving.

他们还要多久 我饿死了

Have you settled the ladies?

安置好女士们了吗

Yes, Mr Carson.

是的 Carson先生

Then it won't be long once they go through.

那就快了

Do you think he'll speak out?

你们说他会求婚吗

Do you think we'll have a duchess to wait on?

以后 我们服侍的可就是公爵夫人了

Imagine that!

想想这件事情

You won't be waiting on her!

那也轮不到你

There is no reason why the eldest daughter and heiress of the Earl should not wear a duchess's coronet with honor.

伯爵的长女 又是继承人没理由不能当公爵夫人

Heiress, Mr Carson? Has it been decided?

继承人 Carson先生 确定吗

It will be, if there's any justice in the world.

如果世上还有公道就该如此

Well, we'll know soon enough.

很快就能知道了

What are you doing, Anna?

你干什么 Anna

I thought I'd take something up to Mr Bates, he not being well enough to come down.

我想给Bates先生拿点吃的去 他不舒服 所以 没下来

You don't mind, do you, Mrs Hughes?

您不介意吧 Hughes夫人

I don't mind. Not this once.

去吧 下不为例

No, take him whatever he might need.

他需要什么都行

Mr Bates is leaving without a stain on his character.

Bates先生的辞职 和他的人品无关

I hope you all observe that in the manner of your parting.

你们在道别时 请注意这点

I don't see why he has to go. I don't mind doing extra.

不明白他为何要走 我不介意多做

It's not up to you.

不由你做主

I'll take care of his Lordship, shall I?

我可以侍奉老爷吗

No, while you're looking after the Duke, you won't.

不行 你还要伺候公爵

I'll see to his Lordship myself.

我会亲自上阵

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519683.html