福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第2集 While You Were Sleeping(12)(在线收听

Because believe it or not, I know this guy.

因为我正好认识这个人

Tommy Gregson, as I live and breathe!

想不到是你啊,汤米·格雷森

Ha-ha! How long has it been?

我们有多久没见了

Four or five years? Hey, Mike, how you been?

有四五年了吧,迈克,过得怎么样

Eh, take a look at around. You tell me.

你自己看看就知道了

Mike and I came up together in the department.

我和迈克以前在一个部门供职

Then he got all high and mighty.

后来他飞黄腾达了

He started working for the private sector.

跑来私营部门工作

Became top investigator for White Shoe & White Shoe here.

成了这里的顶级调查员

Mike, this is Detective Bell,

迈克,这位是贝尔探员

Ms. Watson, and Mr. Holmes.

华生女士和福尔摩斯先生

Yeah, any of you thirsty?

有人口渴吗

My girl makes a killer Espresso.

我的秘书泡的意式咖啡超棒

No, actually, we're sort of on a clock.

免了,我们这次是为公事而来

We were hoping that you were able to tell us why you

我们找你是想问你为什么

were trailing this girl two weeks ago.

两周前要跟踪这个女孩

I haven't seen her before in my life.

我从来没见过她

Mike.

迈克

Um, can't talk about it.

这事没商量

It has to do with a case for one of my firm's clients.

这和公司顾客的案子有关

It's protected by privilege. Mike,

我有特权不说, 迈克

this girl got killed last night. I know.

这女孩昨晚被杀害了, 我知道

I saw it on the news and I think it stinks,

新闻上播过了,是很惨

and she seemed like a good kid,

她看起来也是个好孩子

but you know how it is: rules are rules. Mike...

但你知道,规矩就是规矩, 迈克

Excuse me.

打扰一下

Sorry, could you just-- excuse me a second--

抱歉,你能不能,给我点时间

would you mind just telling me a little bit more

你介不介意跟我讲讲

about this beautiful plant.

这株美丽的植物

You work a lot of late nights, Mr. McGee.

你经常熬夜工作吧,麦基先生

I can tell by your eyes,

从你的眼睛就可以看出来

but you know what else I can tell

你知道我还能看出什么吗

is that you've turned to methamphetamines

就是你借助了甲基苯丙胺(即冰毒)

to stay awake and alert.

来保持清醒

You blink excessively. Your eyes dart.

你频频眨眼,眼神飘忽

You also lost a great deal of weight

过去的几个月里

over the last few months,

还掉了很多体重

even though your diet's as revolting as ever.

尽管你一直吃这些垃圾食品

And the fact that your carotid has started

还有,现在你的颈动脉

jumping up and down like a basketball

跳动得像个篮球

makes me think that your stash is nearby.

让我觉得也许你就把药藏在附近

It's in your desk, perhaps?

或许,就在你的办公桌里

Tell us what we need to know right now,

你现在最好老实交代

and I won't start throwing your drawers open

否则我就打开你的抽屉

in front of Captain Gregson and Detective Bell.

让格雷森警监和贝尔警探一探究竟

Also, um...

还有

when you're ready to get your life back on track...

等你想让生活回到正轨时

Hemdale Rehabilitation Facility

我强烈建议你去

gets my very strongest recommendation.

汉德尔康戒中心

Uh, they even have a pool.

那里还有游泳池呢

Yeah.

好吧

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/550974.html