福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第2集 While You Were Sleeping(13)(在线收听

Uh, Tommy, uh... since you and I go back a ways,

汤米,鉴于你我的交情

I'm gonna take this file and put it on my desk.

我把材料拿出来,放在桌子上

I'm gonna go hit the head.

我要去趟洗手间

You know, whatever happens in here

接下来不管这发生什么

while I'm gone, you know... happens.

我都毫不知情

Appreciate it, Mike. Yeah. Sure, Tommy.

谢谢你,迈克, 别客气,汤米

Sure.

谢谢你

Casey McManus and Anna Webster,

凯西·麦克马纳斯和安娜·韦伯斯特

you hired your lawyers to investigate them

你几个月前雇律师

several months ago-- why?

调查这两个人,为什么呢

Because you discovered

因为你发现凯西和安娜

that Casey and Anna were your half-siblings.

和你有血缘关系

Your father Charles, as successful a businessman

你的父亲查尔斯是一位成功的商人

as he was potent a philanderer,

也是个名副其实的花花公子

sired them out of wedlock decades ago.

多年前因婚外情生下了他们

Paid off their mothers to keep them quiet.

给了他们的母亲封口费

He told you and Yvette of their existence on his deathbed.

但他在临死前,告诉了你和伊薇特

Now they're both dead.

现在,你们却都死了

Coincidence?

是巧合吗

I suspect not.

我不这么认为

What are you talking about?

你在说什么啊

What do you mean, they're both dead?

什么叫他们都死了

What he means, Ms. Ellison, is that you don't

埃里森小姐,他的意思是

have to worry about them coming after your money anymore.

你再也不用担心,他们会和你抢遗产了

We know that Charles left his fortune to you and Yvette,

查尔斯给你和伊薇特留下一大笔财产

but he failed to include language in his will

但是遗嘱里并没有说

that would exclude his bastard children

他的私生子不能

from laying claim to their share of it.

获得一部分遗产

That made them pretermitted heirs

这样,从法律角度来看

in the eyes of the law, which meant that

他们是合法继承人,也就是说

if they ever discovered their father's true identity,

有一天他们若发现亲生父亲的身份

they'd have been able to sue

就可以通过上诉

for a piece of his considerable estate,

来得到自己应得的遗产

potentially reducing you and your sister's inheritance

也就大大降低了你们姐妹的份额

by as much as two-thirds.

至少有三分之二

That's why you hired your lawyers to investigate them,

这也就是你雇律师调查他们的原因

and that's why i believe you killed them.

也因此,我认为是你杀害了他们

I didn't kill anyone.

我没有杀人

Can you account for your whereabouts the last two nights

在过去两晚的8点到10点之间

between the hours of 8:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.?

你能给出不在场证明吗

I-I was... at home.

我在家

I was alone.

自己一个人

That means no.

就是说没有了

Maybe it's time we took this back to the precinct.

那么我们还是回警局说吧

No.

No.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/550975.html