福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第3集 Child Predator(11)(在线收听

Support the proposal, don't support it.

支持不支持那个提议

It doesn't matter.

都无所谓

My conversation with Adam may have been aborted,

虽然我和亚当的谈话无法进行了

but it was far from a total waste.

但也不是毫无意义的

What do you mean? Adam said the Balloon Man

什么意思, 亚当说那个气球人

comes home every morning with doughnuts.

每天早晨都带甜甜圈回家

That means he works nights.

这就说明他在晚上工作

It doesn't sound like much, I know,

听起来可能无关痛痒

but it's more than we previously knew about him.

但总比我们之前了解得多

And you think you can run with that?

你认为可以从此处着手

From a drop of water, a logician can infer the possibility

通过一滴水,逻辑学家能够推断出

of an Atlantic or a Niagara

它来自大西洋还是尼亚加拉河

without having seen or heard of either one.

而不需要任何样本帮助

I've got my drop of water.

我已经有了这滴水

Now allow me to infer.

请允许我查下去

He worked nights-- you think that's really going

他上晚班,你真的觉得

to be enough to identify the Balloon Man?

这个线索能帮我们找到气球人吗

Of course not, but it's a start.

当然不能,但是个开始

Our previous suspect pool included

之前,全城的男人都是

virtually every man in the city.

我们的嫌疑犯

Now it's been reduced to every man who works nights.

现在起码缩小到上晚班的男人

You're gonna stay up all night again, aren't you?

你又准备通宵了,对不对

You can't stop me, Watson.

你拦不住我,华生

I don't care how I look, I don't care how I smell,

即使蓬头垢面,浑身臭气我也不在乎

I'm not going to sleep.

我不会去睡觉的

Well, I have no intention of stopping you.

我也没打算阻止你

I mean, what you're doing to your body isn't healthy,

我只想说,你这样的生活是不健康的

you know, especially for someone so fresh out of rehab,

尤其是你刚从戒毒所出来

but I get it.

但我知道那是徒劳

I will happily loan you my ears if it means

如果聆听能帮你找到

getting Mariana Castillo back alive and well.

玛莲娜·卡斯蒂洛,我很愿意

I appreciate that, but at the moment

很感谢,但是现在

I do not require a listener.

我不需要聆听者

I will have nothing to talk about

因为直到我看完这些文件之前

until I've reviewed all of these files.

我没什么要说的

All right, then, I'll take a box.

好吧,我负责一箱

No, no, no, it doesn't work like that.

不,不,不,那样不行

My brain is the filter

只有我的脑子

all this needs to go through, not yours.

才能驾驭这些文件,你可不行

I need to read every word, study every image.

我需要浏览所有的文字和图片

All right, then, I'll help you stay awake.

好吧,那我帮你保持清醒

All right, you know where the coffee is.

好的,你知道咖啡的位置

It's not about the coffee.

我说的不是咖啡

Whoa, then, what are you proposing?

那你有什么建议呢

I'm gonna teach you something--

我教你一个秘诀

a little trick that I learned back in medical school.

我从医学院学到的

This is what they taught you in medical school?

医学院就教这个吗

When I was cramming for a test and I was tired,

我准备考试或者感到疲劳的时候

I would do a hundred of these, get my blood pumping.

就做一百个蹲起,让我的血液狂奔

Kept me from falling asleep.

避免犯困

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/550995.html