纸牌屋第一季 第133期:总统的抉择(在线收听

   Linda's been in there far too long.

  琳达在里面太久了
  If the President takes this much convincing,
  如果说服总统要这么久
  it doesn't bode well. I can feel it...
  那绝不是好事,我感觉得到
  his hesitation on the other side of that door.
  门那边他的犹豫
  I know it's pointless to worry
  虽说知道结果前
  until I know what cards I'm holding.
  急也没有用
  Perhaps he just got interrupted by some...
  或许他是被什么打断...
  He wants to tap Raymond Tusk.
  他想任命雷蒙德·塔斯克
  What? He thinks it's a bold idea.
  什么,他觉得这想法很大胆
  It's an idiotic idea. The man's never held public office.
  是愚蠢才对,他从没任过公职
  That's one of the things the President said he likes about him.
  这是总统喜欢他的地方之一
  The President wants to nominate
  总统想在经济萧条时
  a multibillionaire in a struggling economy?
  任命一个亿万富翁吗
  He'll alienate half the country.
  半个国家都会与他对立
  Which is exactly what I said,
  这正是我说的
  but he made it very clear
  但他说得很清楚
  he does not want me to fight him on this.
  他不想让我和他争辩
  So you didn't mention me at all? I never had the chance.
  那你根本没说到我,都没有机会
  His mind was made up before I could say a word.
  我能插话前他就决定好了
  Well, we have to unmake it.
  我们得让他改变主意
  Well, you can try, but if you do,
  你可以试试,但如果你真要试
  my guess is he's gonna cut you out of the process altogether.
  我猜他只会完全把你赶出去
  He seemed adamant.
  他看起来非常坚定
  We should go in there.
  我们该进去了
  Mr. President. Morning, Frank.
  总统先生,早上好,弗兰克
  Will you give us a few minutes, Linda?
  能让我们单独谈一会儿吗,琳达
  Of course.
  当然
  Linda fill you in?
  琳达告诉你了吗
  I think Raymond Tusk
  我觉得雷蒙德·塔斯克
  is an exciting, bold idea.
  是个大胆,新奇的选择
  Well, I'm glad you agree. Linda didn't think so.
  很高兴你赞同我,琳达可不这么想
  He's a proven businessman. Brilliant, but downtoearth.
  他是有实力的商人,聪明,但很踏实
  Do you know him personally?
  你和他有私交吗
  I met him briefly once at a fundraiser.
  我们在一次募捐会上有点头之交
  Last night when I called him
  昨晚打给他时
  was the first time we had a meaningful conversation.
  我们第一次进行了有意义的对话
  Did he seem open to the idea?
  他愿意考虑吗
  I sensed a good deal of reluctance.
  我感觉他很不情愿
  He wanted a few days to consider.
  他要几天时间来想想
  Well, good. That gives us time to start vetting him.
  很好,这样就有时间审查他了
  He's clean. I had him vetted last year
  他没问题,我去年就审查过他
  when I was considering him for Secretary of the Treasury.
  当时想任命他为财政部长
  And did he say why he's reluctant?
  他有说为什么不情愿吗
  No. Didn't give a reason. Just wanted to mull it over.
  没说原因,只说要好好想想
  I want to send someone to St. Louis to speak to him in person,
  我想派人去圣路易斯和他当面谈
  convince him to accept the nomination.
  让他接受任命
  And who are you thinking about?
  你有合适人选吗
  I'd send Linda, but there's so much work for her to do here,
  我想叫琳达,但她这边工作太忙了
  and, well, she can be abrasive at times.
  而且她有时说话比较难听
  Yeah, she can be a bit tough.
  是啊,她是比较强势
  I want someone with gravitas.
  我要找个比较庄重的
  Birch is a possibility,
  博奇可以考虑
  but he's not always been our strongest ally.
  但他并不总是站在我们这边
  I'm not sure I would trust Bob with something like this.
  我看这种事不能托付给鲍勃
  I would be happy to go myself, sir.
  我很乐意去,先生
  I can use a light touch and give him the respect he deserves.
  我会耐心规劝,给他应得的尊重
  Good. I'll let his people know you're coming.
  很好,我会通知他的手下你要过去
  Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Frank.
  谢谢您,总统先生,谢谢你,弗兰克
  Tell me, Francis.
  说吧,弗兰西斯
  It's good we were prepared for anything.
  幸好我们做了周全的准备
  I have to fly to St. Louis tonight.
  我今晚得飞去圣路易斯
  "Somebody was strongarming him."
  "是别人逼他的"
  and when I asked him who, he said, quote,
  我问他是谁时,他原话是
  "People up the food chain." It's Washington.
  "位高权重的人" 这可是华盛顿
  Congressmen get strongarmed all the time.
  议员受到逼迫是常事
  My gut says it was Frank Underwood.
  我觉得是弗兰克·安德伍德
  He had nothing to do with Russo before the shipyard closing,
  在造船厂倒闭前,他和罗素没任何往来
  and then suddenly he's propping him up?
  然后突然就支持他了
  That doesn't mean he was...
  那不意味着他...
  Let's cut the bullshit once and for all, Zoe.
  我们别再兜圈子了,佐伊
  I know he's been feeding you your stories.
  我知道是他给你提供信息
  I don't want to screw you over,
  我不想害你
  but I'm not gonna stop digging on this.
  但我会继续深入调查
  I won't say he was a source.
  我不会承认他是我的联络人的
  But you do know each other.
  但你们确实认识
  Show me your notes, and I'll talk to him.
  给我看你的笔记,我去和他谈
  These are the notes from the Capra call.
  这是和凯普拉通话的笔记
  And these are the transcripts from the BRAC hearing.
  这是军事基地整合委员会听证会的笔录
  When they got to the Philadelphia shipyard,
  他们讨论到费城造船厂时
  Russo doesn't say anything.
  罗素什么都没说
  That's fine.
  没关系
  Yeah, I would just put both of them in that file.
  我会把两个都拖进那个文件夹里
  Claire, I just got a call from the P.R. office at Sancorp
  克莱尔,我刚接到桑科公关办公室的电话
  saying they wanted to send a film crew
  他们想派摄制组来拍
  to take footage of our filtration project in Botswana.
  我们在博茨瓦纳的过滤项目
  Right. They're just using that for promotional material.
  对,他们要用它做宣传片
  Sancorp fought us on the watershed bill.
  桑科反对我们的流域法案
  They helped us get the filters out of South Sudan.
  他们帮我们把滤水器运出了南苏丹
  I thought that was the State Department.
  我以为是国务院做的
  No. You remember Remy Danton?
  不,你记得雷米·丹顿吗
  You met him in your office right after you started working here.
  你刚来这里工作时曾在办公室见过他
  The lobbyist. I asked him for his help.
  那个说客,我找他帮忙
  We're just returning the favor, that's all.
  现在只是投桃报李,就这样
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/320126.html