听歌学英语:万水千山为君还 To Be By Your Side(在线收听

来自Nick Cave的一首To Be By Your Side,带着一点温馨一点缠绵,以为跟爱情有关,却是关于鸟群迁徙的故事。

Across the oceans. Across the seas.
横跨浩瀚海洋
Over forests of blackened trees
穿越茂密丛林
Through valleys so still we dare not breathe
掠过静谧峡谷
to be by your side.
只为到你身边

Over the shifting desert plains,
穿越过那莫测的沙漠
across mountains all in flames
翻过那壮丽的山脉
Through howling winds and driving rains,
穿过狂风和骤雨
to be by your side
我为你而来

Every mile and every year,
每一里路啊 每一年
for every one a little tear
每个人的泪光点点
I cannot explain this, dear, I will not even try
我解释不了,哦,也不想尝试
Into the night as the stars collide
在那繁星交织的黑夜
Across the borders that divide forests of stone standing petrified
穿越那高耸的混凝土森林的边缘(城市)
to be by your side
只为了来到你身边

Every mile and every year,
每一里路啊 每一年
for every one a single tear
每个人的泪光点点
I cannot explain this, oh I will not even try
我解释不了,哦,也不想尝试

For I know one thing,
因为我坚信一件事
Love comes on a wing
爱是乘着翅膀来临的
For tonight I will be by your side
因为,今夜,我将守候在你身边
But tomorrow I will fly
可是,明日我又将远飞

From the deepest ocean to the highest peak
从深深的海洋到那高山之巅
Through the frontiers of your sleep
穿过你梦境的边缘
Into the valley where we dare not speak,
来到那令人屏息的山谷间
to be by your side
就是为了陪伴在你身边
Across the endless wilderness where all the beasts bow down their heads
飞越了那一望无际令牛羊却步的荒野
Darling I will never rest till I am by your side
亲爱的,我永不停息,只为来到你的身边
Every mile and every year, time and distance disappear I cannot explain this
每一里路啊 每一年,光阴似水流年,我却不能解释这一切
Dear No,
亲爱的,别…
I will not even try
也不想尝试着解释

And I know just one thing,
我只坚信这一件事
love comes on a wing and tonight I will be by your side
翅膀能将爱送到面前 而今夜 我将陪伴在你的身边
But tomorrow I will fly away
但 到了明天 我又将远飞
Love rises with the day and tonight I may be by your side
这爱与日俱增 我愿能陪伴在你的身边
But tomorrow I will fly,
但 到了明天 我又将远飞
Tomorrow I will fly,
明天 我将远飞
Tomorrow I will fly... ...
明天 我将远飞

Over forests of blackened trees
blacken: vt. 使变黑;诽谤,诋毁
Don't blacken my name by spreading rumors.不要散播流言, 破坏我的名誉。
They're trying to blacken our name.他们在设法败坏我们的名声。
The smoke had blackened the white walls of the house.烟把房子的白墙壁熏黑了。

Over the shifting desert plains
shifting原型shift v.移动, 改变, 推卸,变档
The sunset shifted its tints every moment.落日分分钟在改变着色彩。
He shifted hastily to a new subject.他急忙把话题转移了。
He always tries to shift the blame to someone else.他总是试图将过错推卸给别人。
Should I shift gears before making a turn?我拐弯之前要不要换挡?
n.轮班, 变化, 移动, 计谋, 轮班职工
She works on the night shift.她上夜班。
His father worked shifts in a steel mill.他的父亲在一家钢铁厂轮班工作。
The lazy man tried every shift to avoid doing his work.这懒汉采取各种手段逃避工作。

Through howling winds and driving rains
howl: v.嚎叫, 大声哭, 吼叫着说出,嗥叫, 咆哮
The wolves howled all night.那些狼彻夜嗥叫。
Someone howled out my name.有人大声喊叫我的名字。
The north wind howled around our cabin.北风在我们小屋的周围怒号。
n.长嚎, 高声叫喊, 啸鸣
A sudden howl pierced the silence.突然一声嗥叫划破了寂静。
He gave a howl of pain.他发出一声痛苦的吼叫。

Into the night as the stars collide
collide vi.碰撞, 互撞, 砥触
If the aims of two countries collide, there may be wars.如果两个国家目的严重对立, 就有可能爆发战争。
The interests of the two countries collide.这两个国家有着利益上的冲突。
The two ships collided in the fog.两艘轮船由于大雾而发生了碰撞。

Across the borders that divide forests of stone standing petrified
petrified原型petrify, vi. 石化;惊呆,目瞪口呆
The bird was petrified as the snake came near.当蛇靠近的时候, 那只鸟都吓呆了。
Prison petrifies me and I don't want to go there.监狱太可怕了,我可不想进监狱。
I've always been petrified of being alone.我总是非常害怕独处。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/song/tgxyy/373996.html